Stock rear tire life expectancy?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Just curious on an average of how many miles 3.0 drivers are getting out of their stock rear Michelin tires with some spirited street driving (not referring to the track use). Thanks!
Sponsored

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Iā€™m at 5300 miles and will need to replace mine in the next month or two. I live by some amazing backroads and get to give them a workout a lot.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Holy hell...you guys must be doing a ton of burnouts or something. These things are supposed to last into the 20,000 to 35,000 mile range.
For my first set, I figured Iā€™d burn through them pretty quickly. I went from PSS to PS4S on my last car and liked the 4S a lot more in the rain. Maybe Iā€™m subconsciously in a hurry to buy new ones. A couple burnouts and a lot of tail happy corner exits.

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
For my first set, I figured Iā€™d burn through them pretty quickly. I went from PSS to PS4S on my last car and liked the 4S a lot more in the rain. Maybe Iā€™m subconsciously in a hurry to buy new ones. A couple burnouts and a lot of tail happy corner exits.
I'm just surprised, and wondering if I need to keep a much closer look at wear on these things or something. As an aside, since I do daily drive the car year-round here in Texas, I've had my eye on the 4S's for when I need to replace the factory tires. It's good to hear feedback from someone who can attest to their performance in rain. I was considering all-seasons, but other than when we had snowmageddon here back in February it doesn't really get all that treacherous in the winter.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Holy hell...you guys must be doing a ton of burnouts or something. These things are supposed to last into the 20,000 to 35,000 mile range.
My car has less than 2200 miles, ended the 2nd season yesterday.. so it's going to take me like 100yrs before I need to change tires. Awesome.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Wow, you guys are wild. I have had the same Michelin Pilot 4s since I brought the car home. Nearly 18k miles and they are easily 50% treadwear left.

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Wow, you guys are wild. I have had the same Michelin Pilot 4s since I brought the car home. Nearly 18k miles and they are easily 50% treadwear left.
People donā€™t drive their cars. I simply refuse man.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I'm just surprised, and wondering if I need to keep a much closer look at wear on these things or something. As an aside, since I do daily drive the car year-round here in Texas, I've had my eye on the 4S's for when I need to replace the factory tires. It's good to hear feedback from someone who can attest to their performance in rain. I was considering all-seasons, but other than when we had snowmageddon here back in February it doesn't really get all that treacherous in the winter.
I daily mine. Heat eats these tires bad. I go through a set every summer in Austin. Get the 4Ss. A great performance tire. I could probably go further on my tires but Iā€™m on top of stuff like that: change the oil every 3k, brake fluid every 10k, diff every 15, and transmission every 30. If you havenā€™t switched to 5w30, I recommend doing it given TX heat.
PS if you want to drive Twisted Sisters in Oct, check the Texas section in the local forum.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Mine lasted abt 7500 miles, but that was before I was tuned, but a few little burnouts and def some spirited driving, fast corner exit. Now that I am tuned I am guessing I'll get less then that, I put some 90% tread tires on it though, also PSS from a guy that took off at like 1500 miles, and I am 10400 and I am still prob 50ish% which I am impressed by, It is scorching hot here, it has been 95+ most days of the summer in Fort lauderdale. I have one more set of almost new PSS's in the garage that I bought for 100 bucks for the both, and then I am going to a PS4 or if I cave in and go port or something else stupid, cup 2 or triple 8 but I drive too much in the rain and I've already had one bad experience in the rain in a previous car.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious on an average of how many miles 3.0 drivers are getting out of their stock rear Michelin tires with some spirited street driving (not referring to the track use). Thanks!
I got around 8k out of them. I got a flat towards the end, but the rears were almost at the wear bars anyways <1k miles for sure.

Current tires aren't doing that well for the below reason:

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My stock PSS's lasted 17k miles lol.. i'm 500 miles into my PS4S. My fronts on the other hand is still chugging along lol

oh, and i have a track day under my belt, runs in mexico, spirited canyon runs and muuuuuultiple donuts lol