Sun Visor Mods Available?

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Anyone else have a problem with the sun visor being fixed in one spot? Yeah it will flip up and down but it doesn't move over to the driver side window. Anyone replace the clip with an open (normal) style one? If so where did you find it and what part number is it?

There's been several times now where I wish I could have flipped the visor over to the window to block the sun. Especially now that it's winter time the angle of the sun at sunset makes it hard at times depending on the direction you're driving.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had 4 hours of driving towards the unbearable sun! Even sunglasses didn't help. Had to raise my seat and sit up tight to avoid it. Haven't had such a long drive since, but even 5 mins of direct sun from driver window is annoying. I second this search for pivoting visor.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Okay, so I'm not crazy, it really doesn't pivot?

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
It doesn't pivot. I was annoyed at this at first, until I realized that if it did pivot, it wouldn't really cover much up. The side-frame is low, and you can easily eye-ball that a pivotting visor isn't going to cover anything when swung over. Now, if it had a fold-down option along with a pivot, that would be useful....

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
May seem silly but man I hate the Gov warning stickers on the visors! Used to be able to peel off. almost want to cover with a black sticker.
And peeling them off will still leave a shiny ghost image...

I used these charcoal black overlays which are a perfect match and hides the seatbelt warning stickers nicely.... 2.25" x 9.25" width is perfect...But you'll have to cut the length a bit...

Visor Warning Sticker Overlays

visor after.jpg

Mukee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Premium 2021
Anyone else have a problem with the sun visor being fixed in one spot? Yeah it will flip up and down but it doesn't move over to the driver side window. Anyone replace the clip with an open (normal) style one? If so where did you find it and what part number is it?

There's been several times now where I wish I could have flipped the visor over to the window to block the sun. Especially now that it's winter time the angle of the sun at sunset makes it hard at times depending on the direction you're driving.
I have the same question and problem. Is there a way the visor can be disengaged from its clip (like in normal cars, without breaking it) to rotate it out so harsh sun can be blocked?!

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
So Iā€™m in the US, am I crazy to think I could hook up with a couple people from Europe/Australia and the UK to get replacement sun visors? Or is there a way I could order them myself? To my understanding they both donā€™t have an airbag sticker on the driver side. If I got a driver side visor from both regions I would have a driver and passenger visor without a sticker. Right? Or could the connectors for the vanity light possibly not match? Just brainstorming.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
So Iā€™m in the US, am I crazy to think I could hook up with a couple people from Europe/Australia and the UK to get replacement sun visors? Or is there a way I could order them myself? To my understanding they both donā€™t have an airbag sticker on the driver side. If I got a driver side visor from both regions I would have a driver and passenger visor without a sticker. Right? Or could the connectors for the vanity light possibly not match? Just brainstorming.
~ The Mercedes dealer had to order a replacement visor for my prior car (ā€˜17 E400 Coupe) and the oem visor did not have the warning decal attached. Such a clean look. They order the opposing side and no decal again.

The reasoning Iā€™m mentioning thisā€¦ perhaps if we order a factory visor in the States, they may not have the decal? Perhaps worth trying.
Sponsored