Supra Brake Assist Engine Recall

Snowy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vw t5
Ours has been with Ashford Toyota dealership for 2 days now and still not got it back. They spoke to my wife and mentioned something about the ecu and said we’d not get it back until Tuesday as they were waiting for a part? I guess they’ve fried it ??‍♂reading other threads on here. Not exactly confidence inspiring.
Sponsored

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Has anyone noticed their HUD display being dimmer, after the recall? I adjusted mine to the brightest setting and it still seems dim to me. I am also noticing that it automatically adjusts brightness, according to ambient light, which I didn't notice happening before the recall.
Did you buy yours secondhand? The reason I ask is because what you describe was like mine from new, until I changed it with bimmercode which solved all the issues

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Found this on a US page with all related models

BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2020 M340i, M340i xDrive, 540i, 540i xDrive, X3 M40i, 2020-2021 X4 M40i, 745Le xDrive, 2019-2021 Z4 M40i, and 2020-2021 Toyota Supra vehicles. During engine start, the engine management software may cause loss of braking assist. Full mechanical braking (without assist) remains available.

I don't think its anything to do with locking the ECU.

Looks like it was all done then, I was worried slightly with mine that they wouldn't know what they were doing and they would just say they updated it when they actually hadn't. But all looks fine.

I don't think that even BMW can save settings with updates.
My previous car on Idrive 7 that updated over the air even lost its settings and presets!
Some settings can be saved to a memory stick, the tech at my garage saved everything he could but the short cut buttons and any bimmercode settings needed to be redone.

Reactions: Dan

SupraCal

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
did the seat memory setting go too?

Bloodredsupra

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Pro
I had my recall update applied a couple of weeks back. Since then I’ve really noticed the downshifts from 4-3 and 3-2 in Comfort coasting up to traffic lights. Not half as smooth as before. Everything else as previously described by other re callers. Anyone else?

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
I only noticed a huge drop in fuel economy for the first tank or so. Also MPG looked to be reading incorrectly. Thought it was an issue however after filling up a few times (I do about 100 miles a week) its seems to have gone back to normal including the MPG.

No changes I have noticed to gearing, I feel like I have feel like I have lost some of the overrun gurgle it had when stationarity revving (Have a modified OEM back box)

Mine never had the Full pops that the original first batch cars came with, BMW phased that out from late 2019 onwards on all models.

Reactions: zrk

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
Just noticed that post recall the nav is now showing BMW dealers but not Toyota dealers! ?
I noticed this too as soon as it picked mine up new from the dealer in Sept ?

colinjsupra

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota supra pro
I noticed this too as soon as it picked mine up new from the dealer in Sept ?
Yup, bmw motorrqd service and bmw service

i will be on phone to Toyota uk in the morning and my contact at bmw eu and Toyota eu

OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I've now had the stage 1 put back on at Litchfield. They didn't mention any issues with mapping it again, so think it's all good. Just in time for the cold weather and it to sit in the garage for the winter.

I've not seen any other issues, but it's not been used a whole lot othjer than the drive down to Litchfield.

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
I've now had the stage 1 put back on at Litchfield. They didn't mention any issues with mapping it again, so think it's all good. Just in time for the cold weather and it to sit in the garage for the winter.

I've not seen any other issues, but it's not been used a whole lot othjer than the drive down to Litchfield.
That’s great to hear, and very helpful! Sounds like the absurdly priced ECU unlocks aren’t needed, unless you’re wanting to use bm3/MHD and swap maps like socks, a trip to Litchfield might be on the cards.

OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
That’s great to hear, and very helpful! Sounds like the absurdly priced ECU unlocks aren’t needed, unless you’re wanting to use bm3/MHD and swap maps like socks, a trip to Litchfield might be on the cards.
I've been happy with Litchfield. They didn't charge for removing the map or putting it back on, so all I paid for was a dyno run after it was re-applied.
Sponsored