Supra Brake Assist Engine Recall

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Just got mine back, easy job it seems. Only thing was restoring my settings and coding from BimmerCode.

Interested to see what happens at Litchfield, @Sunstorm with reapplying the tune.
Sponsored

colinjsupra

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota supra pro
salford rrg completed my recall today ok, needed to reply some car vehicle settings again and awaiting connected services to activate again, told wait 24hrs. need to check all ok tomorrow morning drive
after a week I found out I need to reapply my username/password into the connected service section. press option button on joypad to see this, this stumped me and rrg until I guessed this might be needed. Also sport individual options needed to be reset from sport to normal

OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
Just got mine back, easy job it seems. Only thing was restoring my settings and coding from BimmerCode.

Interested to see what happens at Litchfield, @Sunstorm with reapplying the tune.
I've got it booked in with Litchfield on 24th Nov as they're super busy now for some reason. Will keep you posted.

Reactions: nc_

Rgbaena

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv a90 edition
Collected mine earlier and from what I understand the fault can cause an issue with the vacuum pump and as part of the recall they check to see if it's been damaged already. If not, then it's just the ECU update that would stop it from happening.

Not noticed anything else with mine, but i'm keen to get it mapped back, so will be speaking to Litchfield to get it booked in to have it reapplied.

Interestingly they said they didn't give it a wash because of the wrap. I had to tell him it was official Toyota paint not a wrap. This was the same Toyota dealer I got it from.
I have my recall done last week, but they updated and not chekcked anything....that is something makes me worried. How confident are u guys about the brakes system?
(I am from Spain)

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
I have my recall done last week, but they updated and not chekcked anything....that is something makes me worried. How confident are u guys about the brakes system?
(I am from Spain)
Did you notice any changes like full screen carplay? Also my presets were lost for the 1-8 buttons along with Audio settings for the Bass and EQ. Time was not set and some other minor things needed setting up again.

I don't think they needed to check anything with the breaks, only the Vac pump.

OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I think this is right, it's mentioned on the initial letter that I got about the recall and so I asked when i had mine done, they checked but didn't need to replace the vacuum pump. It seems to be rare occurances that cause damage to it anyway.

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
Collected mine earlier and from what I understand the fault can cause an issue with the vacuum pump and as part of the recall they check to see if it's been damaged already. If not, then it's just the ECU update that would stop it from happening.
Does anyone know if the ECU update was an excuse to lock the ECU, or is that just interweb/socialmedia ???

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Does anyone know if the ECU update was an excuse to lock the ECU, or is that just interweb/socialmedia ???
There has been a ton of discussion in these forums about how that would make literally zero sense.

It's social media horse shit.

colinjsupra

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota supra pro
Did you notice any changes like full screen carplay? Also my presets were lost for the 1-8 buttons along with Audio settings for the Bass and EQ. Time was not set and some other minor things needed setting up again.

had to enable auto time again me, maybe Toyota should record our settings pre upgrade ?
Ho hmm

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Found this on a US page with all related models

BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2020 M340i, M340i xDrive, 540i, 540i xDrive, X3 M40i, 2020-2021 X4 M40i, 745Le xDrive, 2019-2021 Z4 M40i, and 2020-2021 Toyota Supra vehicles. During engine start, the engine management software may cause loss of braking assist. Full mechanical braking (without assist) remains available.

I don't think its anything to do with locking the ECU.
had to enable auto time again me, maybe Toyota should record our settings pre upgrade ?
Ho hmm

Looks like it was all done then, I was worried slightly with mine that they wouldn't know what they were doing and they would just say they updated it when they actually hadn't. But all looks fine.

I don't think that even BMW can save settings with updates.
My previous car on Idrive 7 that updated over the air even lost its settings and presets!

Rgbaena

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv a90 edition

Yes, i lost my preset buttons, the HUD looks different. I don have an iphone so i can´t check the carplay. They didn´t check anything, just the software update. I spoke with toyota and they said the company don´t think is neccesary...

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Has anyone noticed their HUD display being dimmer, after the recall? I adjusted mine to the brightest setting and it still seems dim to me. I am also noticing that it automatically adjusts brightness, according to ambient light, which I didn't notice happening before the recall.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Cbklax3

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score