Supra Brembo Brakes Squeak

Island Bag

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I purchased a new ‘23 Supra 3.0 Premium automatic a little over 5 weeks ago. From day 1 the brakes have been squeaking for a short period after starting the car and when jockeying back and forth (ex. parallel parking). Is this normal?
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Performance brakes often squeak. You can, perhaps, quiet them down by undertaking a "brake bedding" procedures. There are good instructions online for bedding the pads.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Brake hard from 50mph or so to 10mph 4-5 times and it should get you pulled over real quick. But it will clean up the crap off the top surface of the pads. :crazy:

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
My UK 2022 does the same until the pads have warmed , currently on 8000 miles, the most recent 2000 miles I’ve done were driving in France for a few weeks and still they squeak… it seems to be a characteristic of the car when the breaks are cold

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
had the same issue with mine. Mine would squeak whenever I applied the brakes or when I was coming to a stop at 5 miles an hour or less. My solution was to remove the wheels get a can of brake cleaner and spray the brake calipers that stopped the noise.

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
Light application of the brakes when cold while creeping out of the garage sound like I'm laying on my horn. Has done this since day 1. Don't hear them at all after that first application.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
May be worth a try.

Phil

IMG_3491.JPG

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
Entirely normal it seems, trev _r/s above describes the sound perfectly exactly the same as mine, annoying when I’m backing out of the garage …. When my car went in for a Service I asked my Toyota dealer to look at the breaks as well, no change when I collected the car …. No fault found (to be honest I’m not sure they even looked at them) …. So if anyone has a definitive fix please let us know

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Entirely normal it seems, trev _r/s above describes the sound perfectly exactly the same as mine, annoying when I’m backing out of the garage …. When my car went in for a Service I asked my Toyota dealer to look at the breaks as well, no change when I collected the car …. No fault found (to be honest I’m not sure they even looked at them) …. So if anyone has a definitive fix please let us know
The “fix” would be to replace your brake pads with non Brembo brake pads.

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
My wife thought I was honking the horn for like a month after I purchased the car until she finally asked. 😭