Supra Connect Subscription length

Chief_N

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '20 Civic Si
Bought my ‘21 3.0 Premium a month ago. Has anyone been able to find how long our ‘free’ Supra Connect subscription actually lasts? I’ve seen up to 4 years, but can’t find anything specific. I hate that it doesn’t support android users, but have saved a website shortcut to my phone, so there is a work around for it. Lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
This is from Toyota’s official GR Supra brochure:

“Includes a 4-year trial period, except Enhanced Roadside Assistance, which is a 2-year period. Enrollment in a paid subscription required upon expiration of trial period. Services are dependent upon an operative telematics device, a cellular connection, navigation map data, GPS signal strength, and other factors, all of which can limit system functionality or availability, including access to response center and emergency support. Stolen vehicle police report required for use of Stolen Vehicle Recovery. Apps and services subject to change at any time without notice. Data charges may apply. For service details and limitations, see your Owner’s Manual or supraconnect.com, and to learn about Supra Connect data collection, use, sharing and retention practices, visit Supra Connect Terms & Conditions.”

See note 17, on page before last:

https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2021/gr-supra_ebrochure.pdf

OP
OP
Chief_N

Chief_N

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '20 Civic Si
This is from Toyota’s official GR Supra brochure:

“Includes a 4-year trial period, except Enhanced Roadside Assistance, which is a 2-year period. Enrollment in a paid subscription required upon expiration of trial period. Services are dependent upon an operative telematics device, a cellular connection, navigation map data, GPS signal strength, and other factors, all of which can limit system functionality or availability, including access to response center and emergency support. Stolen vehicle police report required for use of Stolen Vehicle Recovery. Apps and services subject to change at any time without notice. Data charges may apply. For service details and limitations, see your Owner’s Manual or supraconnect.com, and to learn about Supra Connect data collection, use, sharing and retention practices, visit Supra Connect Terms & Conditions.”

See note 17, on page before last:

https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2021/gr-supra_ebrochure.pdf
Thanks. The brochure I never had/read. Lol

crussell122

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue Supra
Looks like BMW and Toyota decided to extend the services indefinitely. Just got an email from BMW:

Dear Toyota Supra Connect Customer,

Based on our records, your Toyota is equipped with Toyota Supra Connect, powered by BMW ConnectedDrive.

BMW has extended all available Toyota Supra Connect services on your vehicle, at no additional charge to you. This includes Automatic Collision Notification, Real-Time Traffic Information, Remote Services, and more. Please note that this extension does not include Roadside Assistance. These services have been automatically extended for you. There is no additional action you need to take at this time.

For your privacy, while these services are active, we will only be able to acquire your vehicle's location in an emergency situation, when so required by law, or where necessary for asset recovery.

Should you have any questions about this change or about Toyota Supra Connect services, please contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Why are my services being extended?

Previously, suitably-equipped new vehicles received 4 years of Toyota Supra Connect services. Toyota and BMW have jointly made the decision to extend those services for as long as they are technically capable and at no additional cost to Toyota Supra Connect customers.

When will my services be extended?

At the time of this writing, the services have been extended for you. There is no action required on your part to receive the extension.

Is there any cost to me for the service extension?

There is no cost to you as a customer for the service extension.

How long will the services remain active?

The services will remain active for as long as technically capable so you can continue to enjoy the benefits of Toyota Supra Connect in your car. Technical capability includes availability of underlying cellular service, an active contract between BMW and Toyota for such services, or other factors that may be beyond BMW’s control. In the event that services will be discontinued, you will be notified of such termination.

Regards,
BMW ConnectedDrive

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Looks like BMW and Toyota decided to extend the services indefinitely. Just got an email from BMW:
Yep, got the same. Wonder about those who were told their subscription expired.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah, for my 2020 as well. If ToyotaConnect expires, does that mean our wireless CarPlay also expires? That would suck..

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Yeah, for my 2020 as well. If ToyotaConnect expires, does that mean our wireless CarPlay also expires? That would suck..
I very much doubt it. I have wireless Carplay and I haven't even bothered to setup SupraConnect. I tried to setup once, it wasn't working, so I gave up and haven't bothered since. Speaking of...am I actually missing out on anything?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I very much doubt it. I have wireless Carplay and I haven't even bothered to setup SupraConnect. I tried to setup once, it wasn't working, so I gave up and haven't bothered since. Speaking of...am I actually missing out on anything?
No. You’re not.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah, I guess you're right.

I can honk the horn from inside the house using the app which I thought was funny.. :dunno:
Sponsored