Supra Manual Clutch Options

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I'm trying to plan accordingly here for my next mod. Debating between unlocking the ECU or upgrading the clutch before increasing power. My goal is to stay under 750HP and just have fun there. Does anyone know any good aftermarket clutch options for Stage 2 or Stage 3 on our Supra manuals?
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
CES Motorsports did a nice clutch upgrade rated to 1000whp on their shop Supra. Its a beast of a clutch and must have for the manual transmission.

Clutch Master’s FX1000

-RJM

SupeHamster

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various
Personally I wouldn't upgrade a clutch until I needed to. Sometimes there are tradeoffs to livability with aftermarket clutches.

Unless you're planning on making 750HP right now, why not keep the stock clutch until it starts slipping or needs replacement? Even if that's only a year from now, it's a year of wear and tear on the 'old' clutch and more time for better options to appear.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Personally I wouldn't upgrade a clutch until I needed to. Sometimes there are tradeoffs to livability with aftermarket clutches.

Unless you're planning on making 750HP right now, why not keep the stock clutch until it starts slipping or needs replacement? Even if that's only a year from now, it's a year of wear and tear on the 'old' clutch and more time for better options to appear.
Exactly. It's not like a clutch doesn't give you warning it's at the limit so why not just upgrade when and if required. The "must have" clutch upgrade from the people selling clutches, lol.

Phil

OP
OP
Tacoma714

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A

True. Build and adjust as you go. If you start pushing power and notice the clutch can't handle it, then you adjust and replace. A part of me was also wondering what aftermarket clutch options there even are put there for the A90. I had heard of Clutchmasters, but the owner of the shop I go to told me to stay away on the A90. I guess they've had issues with their products in the past or some customers haven't been too happy.
Sponsored