Supra start up

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
it’s like hard to explain , i’m heavily particular when it comes to cars and notice every change to it, I idled it for a long time because i was chilling sunday and monday when i did the cold start it wasn’t as loud anymore , the start up sounded weak and the build up to the ignition was also weak
I read the B58 can retain heat for ~36 hours…intentionally to reduce the wear and tear from cold starts.

Your car was probably warmer than you thought it was and therefore expected different startup behavior.
Sponsored

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
I have a concern , sorry if i mess anything up i’m new to the forums but do you know when you start up a car there’s like a build up and it starts like aggressively like i have a downpipe and it’s supposed to be loud but after idling one time for a lil while it starts up soft it’s more of a ick instead of an issue and if someone knows any fix’s please let me know because i’m tweaking
also , i been noticing some weird noises coming from the back end , not sure if its the exhaust or something else , but it sounds kinda like a whining sound , but not like a supercharger whine , more like a sad puppy whine if that makes sense , and it only happens when i’m at low speeds , but not when i’m stopped completely , so idk what that’s about , and i don’t wanna take it to a shop cuz last time they ripped me off so bad i couldn’t believe it , like they charged me for stuff i didn’t even ask for , and then the problem wasn’t even fixed , so i’m kinda hesitant , you know ?

anyway , i was also wondering if anyone knows how to make the turbo spool louder , i heard you can do something with the wastegate or something , but i’m not sure how to do it , and i don’t wanna mess anything up more than it already is lol , also i heard something about a blow off valve making a cool sound , but i’m not sure if that’s what i want or if it’s even for my car , so if anyone has any advice on that , pls let me know .

oh and one more thing , i think there might be something wrong with my fuel system cuz sometimes when i’m driving it feels like the car is kinda hesitating or like stuttering a bit , and i checked the fuel filter and it looked fine , so i’m not sure what it could be , maybe the injectors or the pump , but i’m not a mechanic , so i don’t really know what i’m looking for , so if anyone has any tips on how to diagnose that , pls help me out , cuz i really love this car and i wanna keep it running good for as long as possible , thx .

also , about the motor oil , i heard that you should use like a special kind of oil for supras , like something with unicorn tears or dragon blood in it , cuz it’s supposed to make the engine run smoother and give you extra horsepower or something , but i can’t find it anywhere , like i went to the auto parts store and they looked at me like i was crazy , so if anyone knows where to get that kind of oil , pls let me know , i really wanna try it out and see if it makes a difference , thanks a bunch !

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
A couple people have mentioned in this thread already, however, I will re-iterate it just in case you missed or did not understand it.

True cold start valves are always closed (unless you get the valves to open up and pull the fuse as previously mentioned) so a true cold start will never be loud and have any pops/bangs/gurgles.

Warm start will get you what you're looking for. This thing isn't a muscle car that roars to life on cold starts like you might be looking for without getting the valves to the open position permanently.

Also not sure why it matters either though? Trying to piss off a neighbor? I'd care more about how the car sounds when I'm driving down the road personally :dunno:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Mine is going thru puberty perhaps. Doesn't roar 🦁 as loud as she use to on startup. I probably didn’t follow the proper break in period protocols or use the right oil

VinDiesell

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Porsche 911 RS
Young people are buying these cars they don’t care if they buy it with 50k miles on them. They just want a Supra to show off. Same thing will happen with the new Z’s. But that will happen 4 years down the road when they start getting cheaper

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
I have a concern , sorry if i mess anything up i’m new to the forums but do you know when you start up a car there’s like a build up and it starts like aggressively like i have a downpipe and it’s supposed to be loud but after idling one time for a lil while it starts up soft it’s more of a ick instead of an issue and if someone knows any fix’s please let me know because i’m tweaking
Sell the car it's broken. Buy yourself a Tesla.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Troll posts obvs. Probably made by the same dude about the exhaust one. Both logged in, posted and vanished.
Sponsored