Supra updates?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Does anyone know if there has been an update put out for the computer in the Supra? Just curious and the dealer I bought from doesn't know.
Sponsored

hanswurst24

First Name
Hendrik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0
If you mean I-Level updates: yes, there are a few.
Quick search revealed S18T-19-11-534, but there sure might be an even newer version available.
I'm still running on release state (S18T-19-03-XXX), but plan on updating after the summer when a stable S18T-20-XX-XXX is available.

If you mean the iDrive (Toyota Supra Command) version: bugfixes with I-Level, yes. Update from iDrive 6 to 7, no.

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you mean I-Level updates: yes, there are a few.
Quick search revealed S18T-19-11-534, but there sure might be an even newer version available.
I'm still running on release state (S18T-19-03-XXX), but plan on updating after the summer when a stable S18T-20-XX-XXX is available.

If you mean the iDrive (Toyota Supra Command) version: bugfixes with I-Level, yes. Update from iDrive 6 to 7, no.
I don't understand the updates, since didn't have them on my FJ Cruiser lol and my previous sports car was from 1990. So only at the dealer can you get the update when they plug it in?

hanswurst24

First Name
Hendrik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0
As far as I know, yes, since there are no OTA updates for the Supra (only for the G29 Z4).
The dealer needs to hook up the diagnostics computer with the ISTA software specific for the Supra and is then able to check your current I-Level and the most recent available for your VIN. If well prepared the update will take about 20-40 minutes.

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As far as I know, yes, since there are no OTA updates for the Supra (only for the G29 Z4).
The dealer needs to hook up the diagnostics computer with the ISTA software specific for the Supra and is then able to check your current I-Level and the most recent available for your VIN. If well prepared the update will take about 20-40 minutes.
Any knowledge of when the latest update was released? The dealer has no knowledge of this. And what the latest does? Thanks.

hanswurst24

First Name
Hendrik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Hm, the one mentioned above is at least from November, but there might be a newer version. The G29 got a new update in March and BMW is constantly working on it, so I guess the software for the Supra is updated, too (Toyota also gets the ISTA updates).
And because of some G29 drivers had reported issues on the July and November versions, I thought it might be best to update later in 2020 with a more stable version.
As far as changes go, I don't know. Did not find a changelog from Toyota and BMW does also not describe all their versions.
Sponsored