@supramk5_a90 IG Supra parts seller legit?

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
Hey Supra community,

Does anyone know if this IG user is legit and/or ever purchased from him?

https://www.instagram.com/supramk5_a90/

Apparently sells Supra parts, felt confident he was legit due to having over 12+ followers, now I'm getting the feeling like I got scammed purchasing this item from him:

• Had me transfer the money to two different PayPal accounts
  • Then asked me to send him an extra $200.00 for shipping insurance, something that he usually handles on his end, however since he currently doesn't have any cash on hand asked me to cover it and will be refunded as soon as item get's here.
  • Sent me a shipping email w/ link (super suspect), shipping company has no reviews or history (this is what really tipped the scale for me as fraud)
    https://fastwaylogisticexpress.com/track-trace/. Notice: his Shipping Information doesn't even contain his full address.

1702914500939.png
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Hey Supra community,

Does anyone know if this IG user is legit and/or ever purchased from him?

https://www.instagram.com/supramk5_a90/

Apparently sells Supra parts, felt confident he was legit due to having over 12+ followers, now I'm getting the feeling like I got scammed purchasing this item from him:

• Had me transfer the money to two different PayPal accounts
  • Then asked me to send him an extra $200.00 for shipping insurance, something that he usually handles on his end, however since he currently doesn't have any cash on hand asked me to cover it and will be refunded as soon as item get's here.
  • Sent me a shipping email w/ link (super suspect), shipping company has no reviews or history (this is what really tipped the scale for me as fraud)
    https://fastwaylogisticexpress.com/track-trace/

1702914500939.png
Just saying follow count doesn't always mean legit. You can buy followers.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Charge it back through paypal. If you paid friends and family you're screwed. There's literally no reason to buy from an instagram account, chalk it up to a lesson learned. I luckily learned all that when I was in middle school with runescape and I've been skeptical ever since. I reverse google image searched the most recent post and it's a picture steal from another website.

Also, shipping insurance costs pennies on the dollar.

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
These IG scammers been around for a while. How is the word not getting around by this time to stay away from them?

OP
OP
a90fresh

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Wait, you sent him $200 when he said he didn't have the cash to afford sending it? That would have been a red flag the size of the sun for me.
These IG scammers been around for a while. How is the word not getting around by this time to stay away from them?
His 12K+ followers got me, kept on saying to myself how can he be fraud with this many followers? 🤦‍♂️

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I'll never buy ANYTHING from someone on IG or FB, unless I can meet them face to face.

This is a fucking Red Flag factory working 24 hours a day!

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Smells like a scam, sounds like a scam, looks like a scam. Sorry that you got scammed...ALWAYS do goods and services.

OP
OP
a90fresh

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
I'll never buy ANYTHING from someone on IG or FB, unless I can meet them face to face.

Smells like a scam, sounds like a scam, looks like a scam. Sorry that you got scammed...ALWAYS do goods and services.
thx 🙏 guys, lesson learned the hard way, but learned. At least we can put more awareness out to the community to stay away from him and other online social media sellers 🙏🤞