SupraMKV Interview with Tada-San on 2021 GR Supra

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350
sounds Like Tada san is a business man. He is trying to sell the A91 to the world and the 2.0 model being “tuner friendly” because of extra engine space. I mean while working on my A90, I feel like there is plenty of space and simplicity to do modifications such as DP, turbo,etc. The A90 is def on the back burner, but lets not forget that this is still a great car! Maybe in his mind, he had already sold the A90 to the world and now it is basically time to move one to the next thing. Question is, does he even care about the current Supra sales?
I am not sure how much 2.0 will be able to get Tuned its 4 Cylinder Engine, i dont think they can get tuned to 350HP the engine wont last long, it will need constant repair. (May be i am wrong)
Sponsored

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
I am not sure how much 2.0 will be able to get Tuned its 4 Cylinder Engine, i dont think they can get tuned to 350HP the engine wont last long, it will need constant repair. (May be i am wrong)
The B48 is a closed deck block design just like the B58. It just won’t be capable of the same very high tuning ceiling of the I-6.

The criticisms I’ve seen so far is that the B48’s biggest drawback (stock) is that it generates its power within a much narrower RPM range compared to the B58C and B58D and that the ZF8 is a bit less cooperative getting into manually selected gear compared to how the ZF8 feels paired with either version B58.

Seems to be an even further case for offering a manual 2.0L at minimum.