Supra's registered in WV - expect a visit from the state police.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Apparently there was an incident of some kind on route 35 near where I live involving a silver Supra with WV plates. We had a visit from the state police Tuesday evening about it. I did a google search but couldn't find anything in the news so apparently it didn't make any headlines. The trooper wouldn't share any details beyond there being an incident involving a silver Supra with WV plates and no one was injured. He confirmed I have a Supra and asked what color. Fortunately since mine is yellow it didn't go any further but he was a really nice guy and seemed to sort of be a car guy. I already have the car in storage for the winter in a building on the back of our property. We were in the driveway out front with both garage doors open and he could see there was no Supra in the garage. I thought it was odd when he asked where the car was and I told him in storage out back that he didn't ask anything else. We even asked if they wanted to see it. I guess we looked legit and he just took our word that it's yellow and not silver. He knew about our cars, seemed to be fan, and talked about how unique and cool they are. He was very large though and said something like unfortunately he doesn't fit.

He did tell me they ran all the WV Supra registrations and are looking for the car. My wife and I are debating whether it was a racing incident and the other car crashed, a leaving the scene situation, or perhaps running from being pulled over. Although if they ran from being pulled over it seems they'd already have the specific plate number.

Anyway, fellow WV peeps, don't be surprised to get a visit.
Sponsored

Grubb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT (Jan/2023)
That’s weird. If they ran the registration on your car they would have already known what color it was.

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
That’s weird. If they ran the registration on your car they would have already known what color it was.
I also thought that was odd. I checked my registration and color is not listed. Still, it seems like that would be in the DMV database. Maybe not??

RaceReX

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium, 2009 SRF
Not every state reports car color on registration or title.

states Don’t always treat registrations the same, in California, the plates stay with the car no matter how many times it’s sold or resold. In other states, the plates stay with the owner.
Sponsored