Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
**UPDATE** Seems throwing spacers on the rear has eliminated the noise. I’m absolutely astonished after checking all the work over twice. Going to drive it really hard tomorrow on some back roads to be double sure, but it seems the issue is gone! I wish @bergertuning made some 5mm spacers as I run their 13/15 on the OEM wheels. Will report back at the end of the weekend and mark this as solved if so!
Sponsored

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
**UPDATE** Seems throwing spacers on the rear has eliminated the noise. I’m absolutely astonished after checking all the work over twice. Going to drive it really hard tomorrow on some back roads to be double sure, but it seems the issue is gone! I wish @bergertuning made some 5mm spacers as I run their 13/15 on the OEM wheels. Will report back at the end of the weekend and mark this as solved if so!
If you don't want to use the spacers why not use the BMW friction shims ( BMW call them rings) p/n 34 10 6 884 839 per the BMW SIB 34 05 17 to correct the issue? They look less than a mmm thick.
They look in the SIB image a bit like the industrial diamond dust coated drive shims/washers used commonly in engine cam drives these days instead of keyways and keys.
Phil

Last edited:

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I had the same clicking noise I think it was either the spacer or wheel bolts. I changed the spacers and new wheel bolts and the noise was gone.

quikslipper

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Prius Prime, Wrangler
problem solved nice! enjoy it with your new additions. must feel and be nice. btw got my exhaust and catted dp on today without the resonators and boy oh boy WILD sounding. vidoes absolutely does not do justice for this car with an aftermarket exhaust.

anyway, gl hf !

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
If you don't want to use the spacers why not use the BMW friction shims ( BMW call them rings) p/n 34 10 6 884 839 per the BMW SIB 34 05 17 to correct the issue? They look less than a mmm thick.
They look in the SIB image a bit like the industrial diamond dust coated drive shims/washers used commonly in engine cam drives these days instead of keyways and keys.
Phil
Will take a look! I had spacers on hand for OEM wheels so I had to try them

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
problem solved nice! enjoy it with your new additions. must feel and be nice. btw got my exhaust and catted dp on today without the resonators and boy oh boy WILD sounding. vidoes absolutely does not do justice for this car with an aftermarket exhaust.

anyway, gl hf !
Which setup?? I hope I convinced you to go catted DP and AWE touring!

quikslipper

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Prius Prime, Wrangler
Which setup?? I hope I convinced you to go catted DP and AWE touring!
Catted DP and AWE Touring non-res the GROWL and sound of the engine wakes up. The supra sounds imo exotic even though the engine and parts are shared with other BMWs. I think there's something about the supra that makes this setup in particular special to me. I've heard catless and other exhausts, but this hits so different so good.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Catted DP and AWE Touring non-res the GROWL and sound of the engine wakes up. The supra sounds imo exotic even though the engine and parts are shared with other BMWs. I think there's something about the supra that makes this setup in particular special to me. I've heard catless and other exhausts, but this hits so different so good.
My man. That’s the setup! I made a big post a few months back about different exhaust setups. I have the resonated mid pipes and swap them out sometimes, but the non res + high flow cat are amazing. Enjoy!!

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
@APEXRaceParts - I saw you commented on a few BMW posts; have you guys seen this before on the a90 platform? Do you have a spacer you recommend using to troubleshoot this? I have the 19x11 out back and seems the noise is coming from back there. Do you have a 5 or 10mm spacer I should try? I have my Berger 13/15mm spacers for the OEM wheels I could try as well.
I'll shoot you a PM!

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Thanks to Burger Tuning for quick shipping on some spacers and lug bolts! Got me sorted with some 10mm front and 13mm rear, which I will be using on the OEM wheels as well. Bummer the Apex wheels are so noisy, didn't get any noise with the OEM wheels.
Sponsored