The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 Toyota Avalon, 2004 GS430
part of the reason for the PM and ultimately the halt on sharing it is that I have my doubts on the validity of what was said. there is some conflicting information there that gives me pause...

need more information, but at the same time all I have is what these folks will divulge here and there.
I think that most of here just love anything, rumors, conflicting statements, we eat everything up! :headbang: If somebody takes it as fact then let it be their problem. However we all appreciate everything you say right or wrong so thanks!

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I appreciate that actually. Ever since a few forum members a while back started criticizing some contradictory information I started to feel more like it was my duty to try my best to confirm or take more ownership over it, but ultimately they are rumors and bits and pieces/hints so maybe I should relax a bit like I used to.

In any case, the information was more or less a claim that the B58 in the Supra (and possibly the Z4) is a different motor than that available in X5. In other words, it had some bespoke components and associated tune, but when studying the part numbers some small things are different but nothing I'd call bespoke (nearly all off the shelf components). Then again, maybe combining off the shelf parts to create a new B58 is bespoke to them? I guess that would be my fault for assuming something more...

Unfortunately, I can't do much to confirm or deny it. Plus, that catalog information appeared plenty reliable to me.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300

BlackJet

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
e90M3
I appreciate that actually. Ever since a few forum members a while back started criticizing some contradictory information I started to feel more like it was my duty to try my best to confirm or take more ownership over it, but ultimately they are rumors and bits and pieces/hints so maybe I should relax a bit like I used to.

In any case, the information was more or less a claim that the B58 in the Supra (and possibly the Z4) is a different motor than that available in X5. In other words, it had some bespoke components and associated tune, but when studying the part numbers some small things are different but nothing I'd call bespoke (nearly all off the shelf components). Then again, maybe combining off the shelf parts to create a new B58 is bespoke to them? I guess that would be my fault for assuming something more...

Unfortunately, I can't do much to confirm or deny it. Plus, that catalog information appeared plenty reliable to me.
Are we to take anything away from the Supra short block part number being different from the G05 X5 short block part number?

Did anyone happen to save the short block part number for the Supra? Realoem also pulled down the G05 X5 parts list.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Adam LZ just posted a video (YouTube) of he and his crew from the 'Ring and that the A90 was hot lapping and appeared to be going way faster around track than anything else (M2s, M4s, and more exotic stuff as well).

"The new Supra's been hotlapping and looks way faster than any of the other cars out here at the track, like absurd."

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Adam LZ just posted a video (YouTube) of he and his crew from the 'Ring and that the A90 was hot lapping and appeared to be going way faster around track than anything else (M2s, M4s, and more exotic stuff as well).

"The new Supra's been hotlapping and looks way faster than any of the other cars out here at the track, like absurd."
I don't know what's more surprising. That the A90 seems to holds its own against the Germans and possible exotics....

or A70TTR watches Adam LZ? Are you a subscriber? Now I must know lol.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
hahaha, I'm not a robot! But yes, I am a subscriber (although I don't watch all videos).

I actually also follow several people on this forum on social media even though they likely have no idea lol.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LOL that first post... not sure on which one as it was not shown in the video. good point though.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Huehuehue

I know there's been a few videos of late with cars on road tyres too, so who knows!
Sponsored