The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I'm not aware of any connections, but that may just be ignorance. One of the BMW/supplier insiders might have more info though? Not sure...
Sponsored

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Idk has this question been asked before or not, idk how relevant or significant this question is, but do you or anyone in this forum think and/or believe that perhaps Toyota & Yamaha(?) have tuned the B58 enough to be called 3JZ? So many people are upset on Toyota's decision to use BMW sourced engine and I'm curious about this more than anything else. How much and how far did Toyota tuned/tinkered/messed w the B58? Is it different enough? Is this new engine "JZ" worthy in terms of naming? Will this engine be used in GT3/GTE spec racing? Again, am sorry if these questions has been asked and answered, but I feel like there are still sizable confusion regarding to this especially if you ever dwell through youtube comments thread.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Idk has this question been asked before or not, idk how relevant or significant this question is, but do you or anyone in this forum think and/or believe that perhaps Toyota & Yamaha(?) have tuned the B58 enough to be called 3JZ? So many people are upset on Toyota's decision to use BMW sourced engine and I'm curious about this more than anything else. How much and how far did Toyota tuned/tinkered/messed w the B58? Is it different enough? Is this new engine "JZ" worthy in terms of naming? Will this engine be used in GT3/GTE spec racing? Again, am sorry if these questions has been asked and answered, but I feel like there are still sizable confusion regarding to this especially if you ever dwell through youtube comments thread.
I think it would be very unlikely to carry on the JZ naming, for several reasons.

GTE/GT3 information is not my area and as such I know nothing more than yourself.

As far as how much Toyota and Yamaha changed, that's something everyone wants to know but it's not something I'm going to comment on. I only know bits and pieces anyways, so Gazoo/Tada etc will be able to shape and paint a much clearer picture as time goes on.

Folks that think they have seen all there is to see and figured out all there is to figure out is exactly what they're counting on :)

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
I think it would be very unlikely to carry on the JZ naming, for several reasons.

GTE/GT3 information is not my area and as such I know nothing more than yourself.

As far as how much Toyota and Yamaha changed, that's something everyone wants to know but it's not something I'm going to comment on. I only know bits and pieces anyways, so Gazoo/Tada etc will be able to shape and paint a much clearer picture as time goes on.

Folks that think they have seen all there is to see and figured out all there is to figure out is exactly what they're counting on :)
Have you read the new Motortrend review posted in the other thread? That reviewer was the only person (to my knowledge) who has driven the Z4 and A90. He stated ā€œIn Sport mode, the Z4 M40i is quicker, sharper and sportier in these respects, but that's by design.ā€œ

Is there something weā€™re missing here? Is Toyota trolling us or something? We canā€™t take his word as law, but he is the only one who has supposedly driven both. Either way, this can all be taken with a grain of salt, seeing as nothing is official. But, something just seems... off.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
There's a lot of regulations GR would have to abide by if they wished to enter the MKV, which i'm sure they're familiar with (can't exceed 4.0L,must have a roadgoing version,etc.)

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you read the new Motortrend review posted in the other thread? That reviewer was the only person (to my knowledge) who has driven the Z4 and A90. He stated ā€œIn Sport mode, the Z4 M40i is quicker, sharper and sportier in these respects, but that's by design.ā€œ

Is there something weā€™re missing here? Is Toyota trolling us or something? We canā€™t take his word as law, but he is the only one who has supposedly driven both. Either way, this can all be taken with a grain of salt, seeing as nothing is official. But, something just seems... off.
I decided to show some of these reviews/comments to one of the engineers and he essentially said (while annoyed) that the majority of these car reviews are based on misinterpretation and assumptions and to take them with a huge grain of salt. I'm personally not going to get into the business of debunking and arguing over it all... I'm content to just kick back and watch everyone freak out until the car is released.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
I decided to show some of these reviews/comments to one of the engineers and he essentially said (while annoyed) that the majority of these car reviews are based on misinterpretation and assumptions and to take them with a huge grain of salt. I'm personally not going to get into the business of debunking and arguing over it all... I'm content to just kick back and watch everyone freak out until the car is released.
Ok. Thatā€™s all I needed to hear haha. Thanks

Toyotaā€™s ā€œunderpromise and overdeliverā€ game is strong.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Well I guess this whole drive the car has proven to be a jab in Toyotaā€™s face than the popularity that Toyota was going over. Couple that with a statement.. itā€™s not about the numbers seem more like Toyota is looking to hide mediocre spec more than anything else. I guess the online order thing might not pan out well given the reviews.

I hope Toyota debunks everything and if the car that folks drove happened to be final spec... Toyota is really oblivious to market needs when it comes to sports cars.

@A70TTR ... debunking from your perspective at this point is pretty much giving up all the specs (hoping the specs are different). I do have a question though. Why is Toyota holding out the specs for at this point anyways? Why canā€™t they just unveil specs prior to the online order?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think there's going to be stuff that folks (including myself) find mediocre. For instance, nothing magical is happening with the interior. There are a few nice appointments here and there that are covered, but it's nothing crazy.

However, there are some other items under the skin so to speak that while not life altering definitely improve the car and explain some of its strengths.

As to specs, BMW wasn't exactly forthcoming (there were leaks) with specs on their car either (afaik, we still don't know the curb weight or 0-60 for usa). I think part of the deal was staggered release, so BMW will have its chance to shine first and then onto the Supra. I think it's par for the course to wait on the specs; however, I think it is surprising that they would follow that path coupled with a blind preorder. I'm guessing (this is assuming there is actually going to be a preorder) that they feel the hype for the car is strong enough to warrant presales, kind of like video games offering no beta access. I can really only guess the answer to that one, but I understand the frustration as I am a potential buyer as well.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I think there's going to be stuff that folks (including myself) find mediocre. For instance, nothing magical is happening with the interior. There are a few nice appointments here and there that are covered, but it's nothing crazy.

However, there are some other items under the skin so to speak that while not life altering definitely improve the car and explain some of its strengths.

As to specs, BMW wasn't exactly forthcoming (there were leaks) with specs on their car either (afaik, we still don't know the curb weight or 0-60 for usa). I think part of the deal was staggered release, so BMW will have its chance to shine first and then onto the Supra. I think it's par for the course to wait on the specs; however, I think it is surprising that they would follow that path coupled with a blind preorder. I'm guessing (this is assuming there is actually going to be a preorder) that they feel the hype for the car is strong enough to warrant presales, kind of like video games offering no beta access. I can really only guess the answer to that one, but I understand the frustration as I am a potential buyer as well.
Would they be waiting to release the specs until the specs for the X3/X4 M with S58 are announced?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It could potentially be tied to something else like that, but your guess is as good as mine.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
It could potentially be tied to something else like that, but your guess is as good as mine.
Moral is low.. we need something interesting to talk about.. itā€™s time for A70 positivity