The Anime Lounge

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
There's really some good ones coming out this year.

Check this line up.
Sponsored

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Old school anime watcher here: But question: Why weren’t there any Supra’s in Initial D or do I need to do a rewatch to catch one. They have everything else it seems except for the Supra, no love?
They had the celica in 3rd stage. I don't know about stage 5

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
They had the celica in 3rd stage. I don't know about stage 5
Good catch, they did. I’m still shocked that they had Nissan, Mazda, Honda and Subaru represented pretty well, but not much love for Toyota.

Anyone else play Tokyo Extreme Racer? I made all the cars from Initial D in that game. Wish there were more JDM focused games on the market now.

Blackbeard

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Good catch, they did. I’m still shocked that they had Nissan, Mazda, Honda and Subaru represented pretty well, but no love for Toyota.

Anyone else play Tokyo Extreme Racer? I made all the cars in Initial D in that game. Wish there were more JDM focused games on the market now.
that is a really old game , i had it also , flash your lights to race lol

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good catch, they did. I’m still shocked that they had Nissan, Mazda, Honda and Subaru represented pretty well, but not much love for Toyota.

Anyone else play Tokyo Extreme Racer? I made all the cars from Initial D in that game. Wish there were more JDM focused games on the market now.
They also have the blue MR2 I forgot which stage but talking about initial d I'm actually watching the 1st stage the other day. Anime became stagnant with all these isekai animes.

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
that is a really old game , i had it also , flash your lights to race lol
That game started an American trend back then too, I remember being rolled up by “ricer” types in my ‘95 civic. Flash the high beams, pause and take off. (Or so I’ve been told😏)

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
They also have the blue MR2 I forgot which stage but talking about initial d I'm actually watching the 1st stage the other day. Anime became stagnant with all these isekai animes.
I need to rewatch the stages again, you just gave me a new addition for remote work binging. What were your thoughts on the live action movie?

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I need to rewatch the stages again, you just gave me a new addition for remote work binging. What were your thoughts on the live action movie?
It's actually good IMHO watched it years ago.

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My favorite episode in 4th stage

I have the Eurobeat Playlist when I'm cruising and boy instead it makes you go fast lol

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@FnkDrSpok lol I just realize when I read ur post about initial d not showing love for toyota but isn't the ae86 toyota? maybe just not for the supra.

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
@FnkDrSpok lol I just realize when I read ur post about initial d not showing love for toyota but isn't the ae86 toyota? maybe just not for the supra.
Duh! You’re right! Just surprised there were no Supras I guess. And I’m doing a rewatch of the movie now. I actually liked it vs the Cowboy Bebop live action. The Kenshin live action, I could take or leave, but the initial D version wasn’t bad at all.

Tsuekasa

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium 2018 Wrx Sti Base
If you're a fan of Initial D; The Manga MfGhost is a sequel to Initial D that takes place around in year 2030 where they drive our modern cars. The MKV Supra was shown a bit and the Anime comes out this year. Unfortunately the writing is not as great as Initial D as some of the races are unbelieable. I can't see how the 2015 Toyota 86 is beating Ferraris and Lamborghinis on a less technical track(Less turns more straights. than was is shown in Initial D

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/2z8m38x/

Attachments

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Old school anime watcher here: But question: Why weren’t there any Supra’s in Initial D or do I need to do a rewatch to catch one. They have everything else it seems except for the Supra, no love?
They had featured an A80 in stage 5.. of course that car went against the FD, and if i remember correctly, the 86 went against an S15... stage 5 was the battle of aero at that point. Majority of the cars in that stage were aero'd out vs. Tak's 86. 😂 other than that, MF Ghost is the one that'll be featuring the A90 now.
F5F10B86-6244-4A6A-9C03-0551D45AE1F6.gif

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
They had featured an A80 in stage 5.. of course that car went against the FD, and if i remember correctly, the 86 went against an S15... stage 5 was the battle of aero at that point. Majority of the cars in that stage were aero'd out vs. Tak's 86. 😂 other than that, MF Ghost is the one that'll be featuring the A90 now.
I gotta do a full rewatch now. Starting at stage 1 as we speak. I’ll have to check out MF Ghost.

OP
OP
SD_MK

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta do a full rewatch now. Starting at stage 1 as we speak. I’ll have to check out MF Ghost.
I have a strong feeling that MF Ghost isn't gonna have the same spark that initial d stage 1-4 for had.. cause even stage 5 was where i was like "bruh, okay ain't no way, these cars have a LEAST 30 grand more into it suspension and aero wise vs Takumi but Takumi is still beating them lol.
Sponsored