Bryster

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
In that reflective steel gray colour, with that red lighting and support lines attached, that thing almost looks like a terminator on the assembly line. I'll bet Porsche are on a mission with it to destroy that pesky Huracan that topped the GT2 RS.
.A Black 992 Turbo would look BEAST
Sponsored

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Slowly coming around to the 992. Saw it a car show last November, and it's really nice. Still got my heart set on a 991.1 (or .2) GTS, but that car is really impressive.

OP
OP
Bryster

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Slowly coming around to the 992. Saw it a car show last November, and it's really nice. Still got my heart set on a 991.1 (or .2) GTS, but that car is really impressive.
I've seen it in person and it looks too big imo

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Same here. I'm starting to gauge interest on the new 992, esp since they decided to offer a manual.

STUPID on Toyota to not offer a manual transmission.

911-modeschalter-var-1572466578.jpg

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
You got a point. But, such is life. From the reviews so far, the added weight is well hidden. Still fast as hell and handles like a Porsche. The looks are still classic Porsche.

Same here. I'm starting to gauge interest on the new 992, esp since they decided to offer a manual.

STUPID on Toyota to not offer a manual transmission.
Yeah that definitely looks bad on Toyota, but I guess the BMW constraints is the main culprit. The PDK 992 C4S is already pushing supercar speed. Porsche really knows how to merge performance and luxury. Too bad, I'm the type of guy looking second hand and can't spec my own lol.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yet, you have a Camaro as your avatar? Have you driven the current gen Camaro? I couldn't get over the horrible visibility and it felt like I was in a tank.

You got a point. But, such is life. From the reviews so far, the added weight is well hidden. Still fast as hell and handles like a Porsche. The looks are still classic Porsche.

Yeah that definitely looks bad on Toyota, but I guess the BMW constraints is the main culprit. The PDK 992 C4S is already pushing supercar speed. Porsche really knows how to merge performance and luxury. Too bad, I'm the type of guy looking second hand and can't spec my own lol.
That's what I really appreciate about Porsche. Their ability to continue to deliver both performance and luxury. On top of that, Porsche's Exclusive Manufaktur allows you to fully customize everything. Once you've owned a Porsche, the PCA events help keep the party going.

This is not me but Porsche always has something going on for petrol heads.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
^^That is awesome. This may be a weird comparison, but I've been bouncing back and fourth between a hotter MKV and a Porsche. I've driven a 997 GT3 at a local track a few years back and was blown away. Been a silent Porsche fan since then. The A90 is really good for what it is, and the cheaper cost makes it more appealing. But it's just not a Porsche. And I've been debating if I want to spend the extra $$$ or save it and get a MKV (possibly GRMN or whatever upgraded variant).

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
Yet, you have a Camaro as your avatar? Have you driven the current gen Camaro? I couldn't get over the horrible visibility and it felt like I was in a tank.

That's what I really appreciate about Porsche. Their ability to continue to deliver both performance and luxury. On top of that, Porsche's Exclusive Manufaktur allows you to fully customize everything. Once you've owned a Porsche, the PCA events help keep the party going.

This is not me but Porsche always has something going on for petrol heads.

My fallback plan for the Supra not getting a manual has been 997. Now I've read so much on bore scoring I'm afraid to go that route also. Still more likely than buying an automatic sports car though. Toyota just fails me over and over again. I'd take the damn Yaris GR over any of them, but they won't even let me have that.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^That is awesome. This may be a weird comparison, but I've been bouncing back and fourth between a hotter MKV and a Porsche. I've driven a 997 GT3 at a local track a few years back and was blown away. Been a silent Porsche fan since then. The A90 is really good for what it is, and the cheaper cost makes it more appealing. But it's just not a Porsche. And I've been debating if I want to spend the extra $$$ or save it and get a MKV (possibly GRMN or whatever upgraded variant).
I remember when Tada said they used the Cayman as a benchmark for the MKV Supra. That's when I knew they were trying emulate Porsche and not trying to over succeed Porsche. A big difference if you compare how Toyota used to be vs how they are now. This was one thing that lead me to believe the MKV is good but not great.

My fallback plan for the Supra not getting a manual has been 997. Now I've read so much on bore scoring I'm afraid to go that route also. Still more likely than buying an automatic sports car though. Toyota just fails me over and over again. I'd take the damn Yaris GR over any of them, but they won't even let me have that.
I encourage everyone to try the Porsche Experience Center in LA or ATL. Even just rent one on Turo to get the driving experience. As a 997.1 C2S owner with the 3.8L engine, I'll tell you the whole bore scoring issue has been blown out of proportion.

I'm not saying that bore scoring doesn't happen but understanding how it's caused in conjunction with a proper PPI can help narrow down the right 997. I love my 997 C2S and even drive it more then my Supra MKIV but I'm reading to upgrade to a 997.2 GT3/GT3RS. The good thing is that 996 are starting to increase and 997's are considered the Goldilocks of the 911 generation.