OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
haha I love the new wheels but too tight to go for the GTS..in the meantime i was going to pick up a set of the older GTS wheels, strip and polish them to all chrome-look. If you wanted to offload those ugly new MY23 GTS wheels give me a call ;-)
Haha.. maybe, we'll see what they look like in the flesh.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah, way too many Jon snows lol

I can be patient but I do need to sell my 8AT, so it helps me be patient!

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the thread and found it interesting to read what is happening with other members.
I put a deposit down in May on a 2023 manual Supra and was told at the time it would be an Oct delivery. Clearly that was optimistic.
The last I heard was that I would be notified when a batch number had been allocated to my order, that was last month. They said I would have updates at the start of the month and at any point something changed. I haven't heard anything since that email which was exactly a month ago (9/09).
So my dealer will be getting a visit this week.
With the press announcement that they "are available form 10/11" I am wondering why the hell I am not hearing anything after waiting for 5 months already.
I was originally going get an STi version of the new WRX but given the axing of that my options became somewhat limited. Not knocking autos but I will never own one, I don't want to drive anything but a manual.
The Supra, I think will be one of the last chances to get a combustion engine, drivers car with a manual, it is about at the limit of my price range which further reduces my options. It's something I plan on keeping to go with my 99 WRX that I have owned from new.
I hope the Toyota experience improves because at the moment I'm not particularly impressed, the communication is lacking to say the least. I would be more satisfied buying a $50k Hyundai from what I've heard about their levels of service.
Just have to hang in there though and hopefully it will all be worthwhile when my Azure Blue 6MT GT is waiting for me to pick up.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the thread and found it interesting to read what is happening with other members.
I put a deposit down in May on a 2023 manual Supra and was told at the time it would be an Oct delivery. Clearly that was optimistic.
The last I heard was that I would be notified when a batch number had been allocated to my order, that was last month. They said I would have updates at the start of the month and at any point something changed. I haven't heard anything since that email which was exactly a month ago (9/09).
So my dealer will be getting a visit this week.
With the press announcement that they "are available form 10/11" I am wondering why the hell I am not hearing anything after waiting for 5 months already.
I was originally going get an STi version of the new WRX but given the axing of that my options became somewhat limited. Not knocking autos but I will never own one, I don't want to drive anything but a manual.
The Supra, I think will be one of the last chances to get a combustion engine, drivers car with a manual, it is about at the limit of my price range which further reduces my options. It's something I plan on keeping to go with my 99 WRX that I have owned from new.
I hope the Toyota experience improves because at the moment I'm not particularly impressed, the communication is lacking to say the least. I would be more satisfied buying a $50k Hyundai from what I've heard about their levels of service.
Just have to hang in there though and hopefully it will all be worthwhile when my Azure Blue 6MT GT is waiting for me to pick up.
Welcome to waiting hell!

And yes, I feel much the same way about the lack of communication; the demise of the ICE cars and the Supra's price point.. but I am happy to knock autos - manual is the only way my friend! 😂

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Hi Lmfao,
Hehehehe yep waiting hell is right!

I haven't driven a Supra yet so I have a clause in my O&A that it's subject to a test drive (mainly because the dealer said they are a big dealership and will probably get a demo, lol how naïve am I....)

Those of you that currently have an A90, what are your thoughts on the safety systems in it? Are they intrusive, do they constantly beep and flash crap in your face. I haven't seen or heard that in video reviews of them but it does seem pretty common these days and it annoys the crap out of me. I test drove an R Spec Mustang and was unimpressed with it, partly because of that.

There are things I don't like about the Supra like the piped in engine noise and fake vents so in some ways it's a risky buy given what it costs and that I no doubt won't get a test drive. I'm old school and want an updated analogue driving experience before they disappear completely, so hopefully in this case, the risk pays off....eventually.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Those of you that currently have an A90, what are your thoughts on the safety systems in it? Are they intrusive, do they constantly beep and flash crap in your face.
I don't currently have a Supra - although I did test drive an auto - It was great.. for an auto ;) but what got me over the line was that the car is not a Toyota at all and really is basically a BMW!

Not only does that mean it does not not get a shitty Toyota interior, but it also means you can use Bimmercode to quickly code out a lot of the stupid shit - like the piped in noise, auto engine off rubbish, warning messages and other nannies.

Also, with regards to the fake vents, I felt the same but now I'm over them. It's cosmetic, and they make the car look cool. I considered buying the "real" fake vents that look better, but upon consideration, that would just allow water to pool behind where the "fake" vents were, which for my money, isn't worth the price of admission. 🤷‍♂️

Monyx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X4M Competition, Wrangler
Our motoring interests and budget align - I've got an Azure Blue GT 6MT on order, back in the day I bought near new MY98 WRX (sold few yrs later). Likewise, while I lusted after new Boxster or 2nd hand 997 MKII 911 the prices were just not in line with budget. I've got something for blue w/hint of purple having had Reddish Blue WRX and more recently Flame Blue Lexus ISF.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Hi Lmfao,
Hehehehe yep waiting hell is right!

I haven't driven a Supra yet so I have a clause in my O&A that it's subject to a test drive (mainly because the dealer said they are a big dealership and will probably get a demo, lol how naïve am I....)

Those of you that currently have an A90, what are your thoughts on the safety systems in it? Are they intrusive, do they constantly beep and flash crap in your face. I haven't seen or heard that in video reviews of them but it does seem pretty common these days and it annoys the crap out of me. I test drove an R Spec Mustang and was unimpressed with it, partly because of that.

There are things I don't like about the Supra like the piped in engine noise and fake vents so in some ways it's a risky buy given what it costs and that I no doubt won't get a test drive. I'm old school and want an updated analogue driving experience before they disappear completely, so hopefully in this case, the risk pays off....eventually.
I bought my A90 in 2019.

It's awesome. You can turn everything off, and it's a mental, mental car.

The safety systems can be adjusted as well - so mine, by default, doesn't tug at steering wheel or auto brake. It has the basics, but that's it - I don't like intrusive shit. Only beeps at the last minute, and it's hard to set off. But won't brake for you.

The reversing camera/blind spot camera is very helpful and good, as is the cross traffic and radar cruise... but the rest is just a bit annoying.

Safety system has three modes

ON
CUSTOM
OFF

Traction control is similar

"Sport"
"off"

The car is a completely different animal from sport to off, it's a complete hooligan - even with the auto.

I also turned off the fake engine noise in Bimmercode.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
As for the wait, it's much the same as when the A90 first came out in 2019 haha

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Thanks for all the replies guys, it's great to get first hand knowledge.
It is good to see you can turn everything off and leave it off.
The manual wont have the radar cruise control which is good, my Wife has that in her Forester and it is so annoying.
I was also wondering if the manual will have a hill hold thing, coz that stupid button hand brake will make hill starts weird. We might have to wait and see for that, isn't mentioned in any of the vids I've seen so far, they are all at the track.
So how does the bimmercode thing work, is it an app for phones or something?
@ Monyx, I had an early 2000's Boxster S for a while (manual), loved it but the service costs were just insane, I traded it on a 5 speed manual turbo Forester that I still have (good surf mobile, hehehe). I ultimately want a 911 too but the price of them and the servicing is just ridiculous, I will have to settle for the Supra.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah, it's a phone app that you use with an OBD port adaptor.

Honestly, I hated radar cruise in every car I've had it on - except the A90, the tech is obviously new and smart enough to be really handy on the highway. Plus, it helps keep stonechips away. It will actually slow you to 0km/h as required, and back up to 110km/h as the traffic is crap. It's quite unnerving but miles ahead of the radar in the RCF.... I never thought I'd say I'm going to miss it in the 6MT!

But I think you'll be happy with the level to which you can switch off the electronic nannies. All my other cars are old-school as shit, and with TRC off and the safety system dialled back, the A90 is a pleasure. As mentioned, even the auto is brilliant. It does EXACTLY as you ask of it. I've had a few (and driven a lot) of late model AMG/RS/M DCT and I rate the ZF8 above it.... BUt I'm getting sidetracked now.

Have a read of the current Supra user manual, it will all be pretty much the same regarding the intrusions and beepings.

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Ok cool, I guess there is nothing for it but to wait now and keep dreaming about that first drive :)
Sponsored