The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
I haven’t ordered an MT but did have an order in for a AT MY22 which due to delays is now subsequently a MY23. It’s built and in Australia on hold at the port waiting for the official 2023 launch which I was advised by my dealer is happening the first week of November so I’d assume the 23 info would be released then.
Hi Vanta,
I was wondering if you got a Batch No for your order?
I had an order done in May for the Manual and they are telling me they will get a Batch No when it starts production.
So I'm very curious to know if that happened with yours as well, if it did I've still got a long wait ahead of me coz they haven't even started the build yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
BIG UPDATE everyone: I got a call from my stealer today and "learned" the following about Australian 2023 Supras:
  • Supras will have a tan interior option.
  • Supras will be available in new external colours.
:rolleyes:

And sorry US brothers, they did confirm that there are no dealer markups in Australia, so at least there's that.

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Lol wow, that was worth the phone call.
Have these stealers ever even heard of the internet??

sunraiser

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lancer Evolution X MR
I ordered 8AT supra this May with ETA of late Nov, however on July my sales called me and say it will be in MY2023 model and I need to modify the order (there are no more red leather seats), and on 31 Aug I received an email from toyota said my supra is next one to be build, but sales said it will not arrive before next Jan :confused: the waiting time is killing me.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I ordered 8AT supra this May with ETA of late Nov, however on July my sales called me and say it will be in MY2023 model and I need to modify the order (there are no more red leather seats), and on 31 Aug I received an email from toyota said my supra is next one to be build, but sales said it will not arrive before next Jan :confused: the waiting time is killing me.
Look on the bright side.. now you can get a manual!

sunraiser

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lancer Evolution X MR
Look on the bright side.. now you can get a manual!
Actually I m going to stick on my Automatic version... also got a confirmation that the build date is 15th of Sep so I would say there still chance that I got it before Xmas :| (my friends m240 were build in June and received in late Aug)

Vanta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv 2022
Hi Vanta,
I was wondering if you got a Batch No for your order?
I had an order done in May for the Manual and they are telling me they will get a Batch No when it starts production.
So I'm very curious to know if that happened with yours as well, if it did I've still got a long wait ahead of me coz they haven't even started the build yet.
So I ordered the end of February and each month was consistently told there was no production date set for my order up until September when I was informed it was on the boat headed to Australia. At this point it had already been on the boat for a month and a half…. (I was impatient and tracked the ship it was on so that’s how I know how long it had been at sea)
I should have gotten a whole heap of updates including the batch number but my dealer said they were never given any and no progress showed on their system.
My car should have been to me at the end of September but as it’s a MY23 I have to wait for the launch so I’d expect to wait 7ish months minimum before delivery atm.

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Hmmm interesting Vanta.
That gives me hope that maybe, just maybe there is a manual on the boat for me given I still dont have a batch number.
It will be 6 months for me by the time the 10/11 release date comes.
I guess I will know if I get a batch number in the next 2 weeks or so, that will mean I still have a long wait ahead of me. :(

Monyx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X4M Competition, Wrangler
I get monthly updates from my dealer, currently my order for MT 2023 model status is A00, factory has received order awaiting production. I'm told once production has commenced the vehicle usually arrives 6-10 weeks later.
That won't be for while as I requested June 2023 delivery to suit my situation.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I get monthly updates from my dealer, currently my order for MT 2023 model status is A00, factory has received order awaiting production. I'm told once production has commenced the vehicle usually arrives 6-10 weeks later.
That won't be for while as I requested June 2023 delivery to suit my situation.
Interesting. When did you put in your order?

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Got a text today, allocated November build, so ETA roughly January. Manual white GT spec.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Got a text today, allocated November build, so ETA roughly January. Manual white GT spec.
Awesome! I'm going to wait till the end of the month then hit up my dealer if I haven't heard anything.

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
When did your order go through MA617M?
Sponsored