OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Looks like MY24 announced in the US with a +$2k usd addition. I wonder how it will reflect here in Aus :O
Yeah.. It will be interesting to see how the pricing affects us as we already had a minor bump this month.

Lmfao - you're manual yellow just officially became a rarity too.
That would be nice.. but I swear I've seen and heard of more yellow manuals than any other colour recently! Maybe it's just because I've been focused on looking.. šŸ˜…
Sponsored

Bold3rs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Audi RSQ3, 2023 Supra mkv mt (ordered)
That would be nice.. but I swear I've seen and heard of more yellow manuals than any other colour recently! Maybe it's just because I've been focused on looking.. šŸ˜…
I have been lurking on this forum for a while as it gives me something tangible to work with (at least mentally). I ordered a yellow MT last December and I'd happily join your yellow fanboi club šŸ˜€ .

So far all I have is a promised build date of the 15/06 (still showing that on the dealers system) and a delivery date of December. Most say on this forum its a 12months wait. Feeling the only thing delivered in December will be disappointment.

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Feeling the only thing delivered in December will be disappointment.
Haha, I think pretty much everyone has been right on that 12 month mark mate. You'll be happy :)

Scuba

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Supra GTS
You may get it sooner.

I read an article from the US saying sales have been dropping.

Apparently down 39% over the same period last year.

So potentially they'll clear the backlog?

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Apparently down 39% over the same period last year.
I think supply is the bigger issue, especially with shared production plants. It seems rare, in any country, that there are many unsold new Supras sitting at dealerships. Not a fact, just my general feeling on it.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
So far all I have is a promised build date of the 15/06 (still showing that on the dealers system) and a delivery date of December. Feeling the only thing delivered in December will be disappointment.
I'd be chasing the dealer about it and ringing around to find something enroute if I was you just in case the build date ends up being after the colour is discontinued.. which looks all but officially confirmed at this point.

I think supply is the bigger issue, especially with shared production plants. It seems rare, in any country, that there are many unsold new Supras sitting at dealerships. Not a fact, just my general feeling on it.
Maybe.. but I personally think sales are drying up because the economy is fucked. There's just not much money around for these kinds of toys anymore.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
How is the car! It's looking awesome.
Thanks mate! With the weather the way it is, she's been a bit of a garage queen to be honest. I've finished the largely cosmetic mods and have done around 1000km. Still not used to it and haven't really pushed it in any way though.

Having said that it's been pretty good overall but I'm honestly still just getting used to actually owning it and still driving it like it should be in bubble wrap.

I'll report back after I put a few more kilometers on her.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Thanks mate! With the weather the way it is, she's been a bit of a garage queen to be honest. I've finished the largely cosmetic mods and have done around 1000km. Still not used to it and haven't really pushed it in any way though.

Having said that it's been pretty good overall but I'm honestly still just getting used to actually owning it and still driving it like it should be in bubble wrap.

GRSoup

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra

Oh nice, I just hit 2,275 kms, and starting to open her up. I drive it 2-3 days a week when I have to head into the office.

your colour is now rare and itā€™s a really good choice.

that is all this car nededs a little cosmetic and she is beautiful.

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris Rallye
My wait has come to an end. Found a manual GTS in a dealership window, found out it was a cancelled order. Brand new, managed to take it away for $100,500 so Iā€™m stoked. 8 months with no updates for my original order and I was sick of waiting, missing out on Alcantara seats but I can live with that

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Oh nice, I just hit 2,275 kms, and starting to open her up. I drive it 2-3 days a week when I have to head into the office.

your colour is now rare and itā€™s a really good choice.

that is all this car nededs a little cosmetic and she is beautiful.
We should meet up at some point and get some photos.

Ordered white but this one was black. I was against it at first but it looks awesome in person, and it wonā€™t be a daily driver so Iā€™ll be able to keep it clean
Nice. Just be aware that you mentioning the car in the post above has just added a small scratch to the black paint. When I picked up my black Type-R the salesperson told me you only ever buy a black car once. šŸ˜…
Sponsored