Thoughts on Titan Catted Downpipe?

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys. Do any of you run the Titan catted downpipe? I’m looking at trying to get a used one and I’m wondering what you guys that have it think about it. How does it compare to other catted downpipes and did you guys get a CEL??

Thanks!
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
It will still throw a CEL unless you tune it out. I am running a similar brand catted downpipe from MXP, and would still get a CEL every 100-200 miles. There are a few catted DPs that dont get a CEL, but they are usually much more expensive.

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if you can tune out the CEL’s with a JB4?

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You can delete them, but you can't code them out. You will still get them and then you have to physically go to diagnostic mode and delete them each time.
Hmmm sounds like more of a hassle to go with this downpipe versus a brand that won’t give a CEL even though it’s more expensive. I don’t want to have any issues like you stated above. In Nevada we need to get smog checked every year so I need to have a catted downpipe. I also don’t want to go the flashed ECU route any time soon.

Does anyone know if there’s a big difference between having JB4 and a stock downpipe versus JB4 and catted downpipe?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I recommend the Active Autowerke catted downpipe, especially for stage 1 or piggyback users. Having to manually delete CEL every 50-100 miles gets tiring in no time

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
What about those of us with '21s that can't be tuned (yet)? I just want a dp for more volume; any power increase is secondary to me.

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend the Active Autowerke catted downpipe, especially for stage 1 or piggyback users. Having to manually delete CEL every 50-100 miles gets tiring in no time
Thanks for the recommendation. Yeah I definitely don’t want to be deleting CELs ever, let alone every 50-100 miles.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
What about those of us with '21s that can't be tuned (yet)? I just want a dp for more volume; any power increase is secondary to me.
Even any of the catted high flow DPs will give you more volume. Im running the MXP and its a noticeable difference, but gets a CEL. Main thing to me would be how much you want to spend and finding one that wont get a CEL. The more expensive ones use a GESI cat and usually have better luck avoiding a CEL.
Sponsored