Tire recommendations

mycin

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I'm planning on putting all season tires on our 2020 Supra. I'm torn between the Continental DWS's and the Vredestein Quadtrac Pros. The reviews on Tire rack are really good for the Vredesteins but being new to the US I was looking for some unbiased reviews/ opinions.
Sponsored

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I'm planning on putting all season tires on our 2020 Supra. I'm torn between the Continental DWS's and the Vredestein Quadtrac Pros. The reviews on Tire rack are really good for the Vredesteins but being new to the US I was looking for some unbiased reviews/ opinions.
I owned Vredestines before. They used to sell them here in the States back in the 80s-90s. They made great winter tires. Not sure why they never caught on here in the States? Probably poor marketing and distribution? Nokian makes great tires and has the same challenges.

Between the 2 I would consider availablity and dealer network. Not just today but in the future. Continental has tons of dealers across America. For what it's worth, it will be a lot easier to get a replacement Continental DWS if you ever need one in the future in a emergency. Ask me how I know?

Are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 a option?

OR..consider dedicated winter tires?

allenh427

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I ordered my Continentals DWS's and they are sitting in my garage right now for when it gets a little colder. I had them on my 370z last year and I could pull up my steep driveway with snow covering it. They had great grip in the rain, and did solid in the dry. For them being my winter tires (I don't drive in snow typically anyways), they do the trick.

OP
OP

mycin

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I owned Vredestines before. They used to sell them here in the States back in the 80s-90s. They made great winter tires. Not sure why they never caught on here in the States? Probably poor marketing and distribution? Nokian makes great tires and has the same challenges.

Between the 2 I would consider availablity and dealer network. Not just today but in the future. Continental has tons of dealers across America. For what it's worth, it will be a lot easier to get a replacement Continental DWS if you ever need one in the future in a emergency. Ask me how I know?

Are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 a option?

OR..consider dedicated winter tires?
Pilots and dedicted winter tires not available I was planning on getting them from tire rack and having them shipped to the Acura dealership I work at as they will install them for me.
Sponsored