Trolley Jack Recommendations

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hi,

DYI idiot here.

Can anyone recommend a good trolley jack please, not very expensive/super heavy duty, as it's for very occasional use (max once a month), but not cheap crap either - I will use it very rarely, mostly to have a check and clean the chassis/wheel arches twice a year.

I also want to be 100% sure shipping spacers have been removed after reading the horror stories here, and I can't quite do it with the car on the ground.

My Supra is stock so regular height, I just want to be 100% sure before buying, that it will fit under the skirt without damage and that I don't need to do some weird driving up ramps (which I don't have anyway) just to fit the trolley underneath.

I also read that I need to buy bmw adaptors for the jacking points is that right?

Thanks all (please go easy on me šŸ˜…)
Sponsored

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I have a low profile jack from harbor freight (I suppose thatā€™s harbour freight in the UK) that has served me well but is not long enough to reach the jack point under the engine. I would prefer to jack it there and put stands on the 2 side jack points but for now Iā€™m just doing one wheel at a time. So I guess that really doesnā€™t answer your question

The adapters are no big deal, you can easily find them on Amazon. They are just discs with a raised portion that fits into a groove on the car.

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a low profile jack from harbor freight (I suppose thatā€™s harbour freight in the UK) that has served me well but is not long enough to reach the jack point under the engine. I would prefer to jack it there and put stands on the 2 side jack points but for now Iā€™m just doing one wheel at a time. So I guess that really doesnā€™t answer your question

The adapters are no big deal, you can easily find them on Amazon. They are just discs with a raised portion that fits into a groove on the car.
Thank you that does help; I will also only do one wheel at a time, so not a problem if it doesn't reach the front middle. I'll check it out, appreciate it.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thank you that does help; I will also only do one wheel at a time, so not a problem if it doesn't reach the front middle. I'll check it out, appreciate it.
My 3T home depot trolley jack failed miserably, then I went with something like this. Point was to leave it in car but with no spare no need. So sits in the garage with occasional use. Good lazy stuff.

Simtamy Electric Car Jack 2 Ton 12V Electric Scissor Jack with Storage Box for Car SUV Tire Changes (Lifting rang: 4.72~14.72 inch) https://a.co/d/3Ne5k1m

drfilip

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra 6cyl (Yellow)
I'd highly recommend prioritising lift height when buying a jack - the first one I bought (Daytona DLP1700 - 350mm max height) wouldn't raise the car high enough to get it on jack stands at their lowest setting. I didn't want to use a block of wood or similar because it didn't feel safe, and I ended up just giving it to a mate.

So I bought a nicer, but still cheap ($240 AUD) jack, the Arcan Low Profile Steel Floor Jack 2000kg from Costco. Works great and gets the car onto jack stands easily, and feels super solid. Bonus: the process to lower the jack is nice and smooth too. I'd highly recommend it.

My car is on stock suspension and the Arcan jack fits fine from the rear but I need to drive onto ~5cm of wood to get it to fit under the front.

You'll want to buy adapters for the jack stands, as they'll sit on the side mounts which are plastic. I bought cheap rubber ones on Amazon and had to cut them myself a bit but they worked fine. Just search for "bmw jack pads" and make sure the measurements work with your jack stands. Alternatively you can just ruin the plastic mounts and then eventually buy new mounts...

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks all - this is all very helpful - now I have quite a few to shortlist.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Hi,

DYI idiot here.

Can anyone recommend a good trolley jack please, not very expensive/super heavy duty, as it's for very occasional use (max once a month), but not cheap crap either - I will use it very rarely, mostly to have a check and clean the chassis/wheel arches twice a year.

I also want to be 100% sure shipping spacers have been removed after reading the horror stories here, and I can't quite do it with the car on the ground.

My Supra is stock so regular height, I just want to be 100% sure before buying, that it will fit under the skirt without damage and that I don't need to do some weird driving up ramps (which I don't have anyway) just to fit the trolley underneath.

I also read that I need to buy bmw adaptors for the jacking points is that right?

Thanks all (please go easy on me šŸ˜…)
My only advice when you decide on a trolley jack is don't attempt to use it on the jacking points without a pinch weld protector or jacking pad. I bought this and still have it (Quickjack) Brilliant piece of equipment.

Phil

DSC00619.JPG

DSC00620.JPG

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
I know the quickjack is not cheap but it is well worth it if you plan on using it at least semi-regularly. I've used it on my mini cooper, supra, and rdx. I've also used it on the SOs focus (not rs haha). Makes doing stuff so much easier. In fact the supra is currently up on it for brake pads/fluid flush and oil change. Did the mini timing chain with it and focus sway bar end links. Yes all of that could have been done with a normal jack its just super easier and folds up nicely with a couple wall hooks so doesn't take up tons of space. They may even be offering a memorial day sale right now.
Sponsored