Nick.23MKV

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
Hi All -

My car is starting winter hibernation and currently on jack stands. I’m doing routine servicing but mainly detailing the car, including the underbody. I know not for everyone but I love doing this stuff 😁. Any issues with the MKV being on jack stand for a couple months? Of course I’m using the proper jack points, etc. just enjoying the car and working on it as I have time.

Side note these race ramps (picture) work fantastic for getting a jack under the car. Highly recommend.

Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice.

Cheers
IMG_2489.jpeg
Sponsored

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Its just like any other car leaving on jackstands for a couple months, but whats wrong with just letting it sit your garage the normal way

OP
OP
Nick.23MKV

Nick.23MKV

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
Its just like any other car leaving on jackstands for a couple months, but whats wrong with just letting it sit your garage the normal way
Agree, once I no longer need it on jack stands it will definitely sit on the garage floor. Well on Race Ramp flat stoppers for the rest of the winter. I’m new to the Supra. I assumed it’s like any other car, just being overly cautious. I intended my project to take about a week but with work and family stuff I’m moving slowing.

Cheers

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Keep the suspension loaded. Over inflate the tires to 48psi and put a post-it note on the windshield to remind you to drop the psi come first spring drive.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It's fine. 100% ignore all the people that say "OMG DON'T LEAVE YOUR SUSPENSION DROOPED FOR MONTHS, YOU WILL TURN TO ASH!"

Absolute rubbish. I had my Supra on quickjacks for months last winter while I was getting my MCS coilovers serviced.

I swear sometimes I think people live in 1942 forever.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
It's fine. 100% ignore all the people that say "OMG DON'T LEAVE YOUR SUSPENSION DROOPED FOR MONTHS, YOU WILL TURN TO ASH!"

Absolute rubbish. I had my Supra on quickjacks for months last winter while I was getting my MCS coilovers serviced.

I swear sometimes I think people live in 1942 forever.
The only people that still live in 1942 are the numbskulls shelling out $50+K for a Jeep Wrangler :doh:

It's a long term wear and tear thing. If the vehicle has a legitimate reason to live on stands for a while, so be it. However, unloading the suspension (technically negatively loading) for no reason is really dumb.

Will it turn to ash? Of course not. Will it cause fatigue and accelerate OE bushing degradation? You better believe it.
Sponsored