Is there a jack and lug wrench in the car? 2020 LE

sabrownfl

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Bought used. Does the car come with one? If so, where is it stored? I checked the little cubby in the hatch and there is a screwdriver, and a little black device still in shrinkwrap. Am I missing something?

20231210_130300.jpg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nope. No spare tire. You get a tire kit which is that round cylindrical object on the right. That's how you fix a tire on the go.

OP
OP
sabrownfl

sabrownfl

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nope. No spare tire. You get a tire kit which is that round cylindrical object on the right. That's how you fix a tire on the go.
Wow, not even a lug wrench? I will go buy one I guess, anyone know the size for factory lug bolts?

ky.supra

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
The black cylinder container is a tire sealant used to fix flats - I wouldn't use it as it has the potential to mess up your TPMS and it is a nightmare to clean when you remove the tire from the wheel.

The sealant is used with the tire inflator (square-looking) included in the cubby - which seems to be missing in your picture.

https://modernspare.com/product/2019-2024-toyota-supra-spare-tire-kit-options/
I bought this kit last year - saved myself and my other friend from a side wall cut on the stock OEM tires.

Wow, not even a lug wrench? I will go buy one I guess, anyone know the size for factory lug bolts?
iirc 17mm socket to remove factory lug bolts

OP
OP
sabrownfl

sabrownfl

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I guess BMW owners are to good to work on their own cars... No matter... I got the work done. New shoes mounted.

20231210_150626.jpg

Reactions: zrk

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Should be a compressor in there as well so you can use the sealant. It’s not pressurized. Not that you would use any of it anyway but for the sake of completeness.

IMG_7507.jpeg

OP
OP
sabrownfl

sabrownfl

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah, no compressor. I drove an NC Miata for the last 17 years so I'm used to no spare, but at least I had a jack and lug wrench.

OP
OP
sabrownfl

sabrownfl

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I didn't need a jack, it was more about learning what should have been in the car. And working on it is different than being on the side of the road without tools and needing to remove a wheel to get it repaired. Shit happens...

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I didn't need a jack, it was more about learning what should have been in the car. And working on it is different than being on the side of the road without tools and needing to remove a wheel to get it repaired. Shit happens...
I was replying to your snarky statement.

OP
OP
sabrownfl

sabrownfl

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah... I default to that a lot. Just playing on the tropes and stereotypes. No ill intent.

Reactions: zrk