BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
If it's over 100 degrees I would recommend running higher octane fuel and lower boost (PSI). Map 4 is a 91 octane with down pipe tune you will be completely fine in 50 degree weather. You can actually run map 7 if you have full bolt-on with 100 octane since it's cold.
The highest oct in NJ that I have seen so far was 93. So my set up right now is 93 oct + titan catless downpipe + titan protune map 4. From what I know the tune box just tricks the ecu to run certain amount of boost psi based on load, but what Iā€™m curious is would the tune box and ecu relearn or would it calculate the weather condition when it comes summer time?
Sponsored

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
The highest oct in NJ that I have seen so far was 93. So my set up right now is 93 oct + titan catless downpipe + titan protune map 4. From what I know the tune box just tricks the ecu to run certain amount of boost psi based on load, but what Iā€™m curious is would the tune box and ecu relearn or would it calculate the weather condition when it comes summer time?
If I'm not mistaken I'm fairly sure that the ECU's safety parameters will not be overridden by the Protune. So, if the ECU detects pre-detonation or knock it will retard timing even though the Protune is requesting a set PSI via a signal hijack. Ashley from Titan Motorsports will need to chime in here to better help.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
If I'm not mistaken I'm fairly sure that the ECU's safety parameters will not be overridden by the Protune. So, if the ECU detects pre-detonation or knock it will retard timing even though the Protune is requesting a set PSI via a signal hijack. Ashley from Titan Motorsports will need to chime in here to better help.
true, and also I have mentioned that 93 is pretty much the highest available gas around NJ, have you ran map 7 without 100oct + FBO? If so, were there any issues or just a nice power gain?

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
true, and also I have mentioned that 93 is pretty much the highest available gas around NJ, have you ran map 7 without 100oct + FBO? If so, were there any issues or just a nice power gain?
No and I wouldn't recommend it.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
what is your best et time with the titan pro tuner?
haven't gone to the strip, but the cars I have done 40 rolls and beat were: mustang gt, 440i fbo + tune, wrx fbo + dyno tune, 370z fbo + uprev tune, ALMOST beat a stock zl1 (we got tied), 392 scat pack, srt 392 durango, and camaro ss.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Although 93 is readily available in NJ, 100 is available on few gas station such as Sunoco on Rt. 46 at Fort Lee.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Although 93 is readily available in NJ, 100 is available on few gas station such as Sunoco on Rt. 46 at Fort Lee.
That's good to know: https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/

If you go a little further north, it looks like Tenafly has a few other options from 100 to 114.

The location near NJMP also has a few higher octane options: 100 to 112.

For those of us in central NJ, we have the location in East Brunswick that sells 100.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Just put the protune on and set to map3 while waiting on my downpipe. Seat of the pants feels better.... Iā€™m filling up with 100 oct from a local station and gonna try out map6.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
i live in pal park, and I never knew sunoco in Fort lee had 100
Just put the protune on and set to map3 while waiting on my downpipe. Seat of the pants feels better.... Iā€™m filling up with 100 oct from a local station and gonna try out map6.
When i talked to titan motorsports they didn't recommend up til map 4 with just downpipe and 93oct
Sponsored