Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Cost, color, availability aside
for track day usage
in the sizes 18/10.7 and 18/11
to run a 275 200TW tire

Why would one pick one vs the other? I guess the .3 inch difference might make Apex be able to run a one size wider tire than Titan7?
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Apex offers 50% off replacement wheels through their replacement program. SO they have that going for them.

I just prefer the looks of the Titans

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Honestly, they're likely made in the same Chinese wheel manufacturing plant, like most other wheel brands, besides Volk/Work/SSR/BBS, etc...

I would honestly only pick Apex over Titan, because Apex has a ridiculous replacement warranty on their wheels if you mess them up. Even if it's your fault. Other than that, they're 6 or a half dozen. Just get the design you like. I currently run SM10 Flow forged Apex, with the 11" rear wheel, and wish I had a 10.5" so my 295s would look more flush, and not stretched.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
I went Apex for 3 main reasons. Wheel was wider, lighter despite being wider, and the warranty. Price was about the same thanks to a group buy so that really wasn't a factor at the moment and not sure how retail prices stack up at the moment. On top of that Apex has more wheel and color options which helps make the car a bit more unique. 0lbs difference from stock '23 set was great too. HKS HAS to make it fit up front.

SM-10RS 18x11 +40 Motorsport Gold 19lbs.
Continental ECF 295/30/18 (no 35 profile available)

1696426738858.jpeg

BrodoFratgins

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra MT
I personally stay away from Titan.

They lie about VIA certification:
https://apexwheels.com/blog/technical-discussion/are-your-wheels-really-via

They lie about JWL certification:
https://apexwheels.com/blog/technical-discussion/are-your-wheels-really-jwl

They used to tout a "completely designed and made in house with our extensive facilities", but last I heard they follow the same process as APEX. This isn't inherently bad, but why lie about it?

Also if you search up "Titan7" on other forums or Reddit, there are a lot of people showing catastrophic failure on track from them.

Either way, buy what you want. They make good designs and people that I know that use them don't have issues.

But to sum it up.... APEX would be the move for me.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
We're a dealer for Titans, haven't had any reported issues or cracking or wheels breaking at the track/street.

We can work you a deal on an in stock set if interested.

-Josh

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
I’ve got sets of both and prefer Apex and prefer 11” width.

for 275 tires the two widths are both good. For 295 the 11” is a bit better.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Both made in China.

Don't want either.

As a BMW guy, I've made it a mission to never once ever own a set of Apex wheels lol.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've used Apex on two cars. I like the wheel and the company. I researched both before deciding. Titan had a few reviews and reports that didn't seem too favorable. I didn't find anything negative said about Apex.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I personally stay away from Titan.

They lie about VIA certification:
https://apexwheels.com/blog/technical-discussion/are-your-wheels-really-via

They lie about JWL certification:
https://apexwheels.com/blog/technical-discussion/are-your-wheels-really-jwl

They used to tout a "completely designed and made in house with our extensive facilities", but last I heard they follow the same process as APEX. This isn't inherently bad, but why lie about it?

Also if you search up "Titan7" on other forums or Reddit, there are a lot of people showing catastrophic failure on track from them.

Either way, buy what you want. They make good designs and people that I know that use them don't have issues.

But to sum it up.... APEX would be the move for me.

Jackie Ding ran the TS5's on his 700+whp Supra race car with no cracking whatsoever. It could be that some folks destroyed their Titan's with horrible driving which can happen to the most expensive wheels as well.

BrodoFratgins

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra MT
Jackie Ding ran the TS5's on his 700+whp Supra race car with no cracking whatsoever. It could be that some folks destroyed their Titan's with horrible driving which can happen to the most expensive wheels as well.
Yeah I have not seen the same failures for Supras. These posts are a couple of years old and for other platforms. Maybe an old design issue?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Like I said, this debate is as old as time itself.

Back in the day, tons of people (mainly internet bois) swore that Rota wheels were total trash, yet there were many motorsports cars that ran them with no issues. I personally worked with a shop that had the fastest Time Attack car at the time with 700+hp and they were NOT easy on equipment.
Sponsored