Torque spec for Rear suspension ?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
74 ftlb IIRC, it’s not crazy high. That’s the camber adjustment bolt so when you get an alignment the shop will be re-torquing it anyway.

Edit: don’t listen to me, I’m wrong, see below

Last edited:

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's actually 129 lb/ft
Well shit, never mind. I went back and checked the install docs for my SPL camber lockout kit that replaces that bolt, and it’s definitely 74 ftlb. I assumed the stock bolt would be the same but I guess it’s higher because it has to hold the eccentric in place.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Well shit, never mind. I went back and checked the install docs for my SPL camber lockout kit that replaces that bolt, and it’s definitely 74 ftlb. I assumed the stock bolt would be the same but I guess it’s higher because it has to hold the eccentric in place.
The traction arm and upper arms are 74.

129 is probably "make damn sure this doesn't move" spec from BMW.

I remember some of these OEM bolts being a SOB to loosen the first time.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where do you find this information? I'm about to install coils and I would like to know all the torque specs
You don’t need to loosen that bolt when doing basic springs/struts. You’ll remove the bolts on the strut and spindle (the two bolts on the right side of that arm in your picture), then swing the arm down while keeping the bolt you’re asking about in place. I suppose you could remove it if you really wanted to, but it wouldn’t make things any easier/faster.