Toyota badge broken under plastic covering

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It seems that during shipping, it is typical that cars could get shoved around and at times, they may need to be repainted. So the dealership would remove the emblem so they can repaint the car. However, not all of them know how to remove the emblem correctly so they crack.
I get that thru sea freight, things happen but maybe a select few, not typical, shouldn't be, can't be. That'd be a major costly disaster... I hope that's not the case.
However, we all know things got delayed majorly with launch editions and all were stuck at Indiana going thru who knows what..
I removed the emblem like many others and it was attached with black silicone double sided tape and 3 speed nuts . It's totally possible for someone rushing to remove the emblems by prying with too much force or by applying too much heat...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I removed the emblem like many others and it was attached with black silicone and 3 nuts..
~ So do both front and rear emblems have nuts on the backside? If so, that must be why they are pulling the front bumper to replace the emblems?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
~ So do both front and rear emblems have nuts on the backside? If so, that must be why they are pulling the front bumper to replace the emblems?
I've only removed the front. Was nothing wrong with the rear.
Sorry, when I said nut, I meant a speed nut like this. I didn't remove the bumper when I was removing the emblem. After softening the adhesive tape (dunno why I said silicone, sorry. It's double sided tape) I pulled the emblem and nuts fell off. I'll edit my previous post...
images.jpeg

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Sorry, when I said nut, I meant a speed nut like this. I didn't remove the bumper when I was removing the emblem. After softening the adhesive tape ... I pulled the emblem and nuts fell off.
images.jpeg
~ Thanks for the clarification.

Were you able to retrieve the speed nuts from behind the bumper? Assuming you didn’t add them when reapplying the new emblem? Thanks
Sponsored