Toyota FT-1 concept & A90 Supra design dissected

Do you care if the next Supra has a "corporate image?"

• No, as long as it looks good, I don't care if the rest of Toyota's line up is designed around it.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, the Supra should be completely unique looking even among Toyota's fleet.

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Don't care as long as the Supra is the "first" to get the design.

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
There are levels to everything. They are far more serious about information control, particularly now, but generally speaking they aren't going to come after you for small stuff/hearsay on some forum that not a lot of folks even frequent. I could still discuss stuff and it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm trying to respect the requests from the same folks that relay info to me.

Pictures and actual diagrams though (regardless of where you post), like Real OE and the pic of the car inside the transport are a massive NO.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
There are levels to everything. They are far more serious about information control, particularly now, but generally speaking they aren't going to come after you for small stuff/hearsay on some forum that not a lot of folks even frequent. I could still discuss stuff and it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm trying to respect the requests from the same folks that relay info to me.

Pictures and actual diagrams though (regardless of where you post), like Real OE and the pic of the car inside the transport are a massive NO.
Yep, totally agree. I also never push my "contact" for stuff...when I meet up with them, I'll bring it up socially but it's not like I press them to give me info.

They too did say that alot of the information they are providing is not super sensitive, however, they would appreciate if I didn't divulge too much as it would be more exciting to hear from Toyota first.

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Well a GT4 was recently added to the family stable and I must say that the wing is perfect on that car. Something similar would likely help the Supra to stand out among other cars.
I have the later revision spoiler on my GT4, which does not have the riser blocks, but has a pillar in the middle instead. I like it as it makes the car the same but a little more sleeper. Still the Castrol graphics on it negate that. :)

There was a post I read a few years back, a translation from the Japanese engineers. Apparently the smaller GT4 spoiler provides a much greater amount of down force. Article looked legit, but who knows if its true.

Still, the new Supra will get the nice big wing she deserves once the warranty expires.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX

Especially now that we're less than a month away from NAIAS

Death666wish_

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mitsubishi lancer 5-speed (out of commission), 1991 Firebird Formula (out of commission), 2008 Toyota Camry
most of the accessories should be available for purchase.
Actually what I was aiming at is that I don't want the spoiler so make it an optional extra, paying for the big daddy then paying some more to take some stuff I already payed for seems annoying, so I hope it ends up looking better than the "outgoing" model. But, it's a long way till that day comes.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol! I think everyone is laying low with the pics moving forward....Toyota is on the prowl.

Let me go ask my friend from toyota for pics so I can get it stolen and claim that I was the one that leaked it, with social media account to boot.

That'll get me brownie points on here

:rolleyes:

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
^^Lmaooo :rofl:

Make sure to watermark it too. You know how ppl on this forum be... :D

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
Does anyone besides Porsche and maybe Subaru even put wings on their regular cars anymore?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone besides Porsche and maybe Subaru even put wings on their regular cars anymore?
That's because only car makers who believe the "world is flat" are still building amazing cars :p:D.

There are a few auto makers still putting wings on their cars....but honestly, it doesn't look good on all cars (remember early 2000's spoiler craze).

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
More spoilers and wings that raise at speed please. Our inner kids still need tickling.

I personally think the ducktail looks gorgeous on the MKV. The most I would add is perhaps a lip like I did to my current car.

oduli81

First Name
Omer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW M3
Left one looks like a sensor, but the one with the question mark looks larger, maybe a camera.
supra.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.