BenHCFC88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Hello Supraverse

Has anyone had experience with having their Supra serviced by Toyota with a bench unlocked DME? I've heard stories that Toyota will re-flash and re-lock the DME during any work, will they do a service without re-flashing if asked? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Hello Supraverse

Has anyone had experience with having their Supra serviced by Toyota with a bench unlocked DME? I've heard stories that Toyota will re-flash and re-lock the DME during any work, will they do a service without re-flashing if asked? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
There's a recall out right now. So if you take it in for service and they address that recall they will re-flash your ECU. Otherwise their shouldn't be a reason for them to.

That being said if your tuned and modded I would probably recommend staying clear of the dealer altogether.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hello Supraverse

Cheers
Honestly depends on the service. If you go in for an oil change, tell them not to flash the ECU and you decline the recall work (I'd still recommend you get the recall done).

There are little lock cover things you can buy to lock the OBD port, but that seems excessive.

In the worst case where they do flash your ECU, you can get the bench unlock redone. It's not permanent.

OP
OP
BenHCFC88

BenHCFC88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Thanks for the replies gents, much appreciated

I'm based in New Zealand and there are no garages that unlock DME's, I had to ship mine to Australia and couldn't use the car whilst across the tasman!

That lock cover idea is actually appealing haha
Sponsored