BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
hi guys
Just a heads up to all who have the 2019 model in Europe.
Last Friday I got an email that my connected services are now discontinued after three years of service.
So I lost all the online services such as live traffic, weather, USB map update and so on..
No prior warning of the service being switched off or renewal offer. On top of that, when I log into my Connect page all services have status "ordered" so I can't renew them, as I could with my BMWs.
It looks like Toyota only includes three years of service (same as BMW) although I can't find any time limit on the Norwegian web page. But as long as there's no link to renewal page and the status is still "ordered" there's nothing I can do about myself.
I reported this to Toyota Norway last Friday, they said they tried a few things, but yesterday I was told that they couldn't fix it and they have sent this of to Toyota Europe.
So they have now spent a week not fixing this and who knows how long this will take at this pace.. not very impressed to be honest..

I'm not sure if this is a general issue between Toyota and BMW, or if they simply forgot about the BMW's three year free service deal, or if it's an issue with my car/connected account but just wanted to give you a heads up so you can contact your dealer in advance and have them look into this before the car goes offline.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Just a quick and frustrated update, two weeks in and still no solution.
My case has apparently been given "the highest priority"... I wonder how long this will drag on and how long it takes them to resolve a low priority case if this is how fast a high priority case moves...

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hopefully it get's sorted out for you!

I forgot how long we have it free in the states. I wanna say 5 years?

I know Manufactures want to charge Subscriptions for everything. BMW just got show wanting to charge a sub for heated seats.

Kinda crazy when you think within the next 10 years you might not be able to buy a car without pay stupid crap for options that came included.

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Thanks! I hope so too..
Over here BMW runs free 3 year service for all online services, (I think Merc's are the same..) so my guess is that Toyota simply forgot about this, and now someone at Toyota is backpedaling the deal and trying to get this sorted out without spending to much money on it..
Keeping my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath for this to be sorted before we go on our across Holland drive in August..

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Just a quick and frustrated update, two weeks in and still no solution.
My case has apparently been given "the highest priority"... I wonder how long this will drag on and how long it takes them to resolve a low priority case if this is how fast a high priority case moves...
I never really heard when Toyota ever solved an issue with this car. They just put you on a waiting list.... 😒

I also have a 2019 model but never use the iDrive system. Only Apple Carplay and usually Waze for maps.

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
shit... that's not the best news 😭
I can use my phone but I'm used to the idrive and I like so it wold be a pitty if they can't get this to work

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
shit... that's not the best news 😭
I can use my phone but I'm used to the idrive and I like so it wold be a pitty if they can't get this to work
I heard about a case nearby here where Toyota updated the ECU of a Supra and they somehow broke it in the process. Now the car has been sitting at the dealership for 5-6 months. :rolleyes:

I find carplay to be just as fine, or even better since its syncs everything to your phone. Also, the interface is nicer. I guess Android Auto is just as good.
So maybe its better if you get used to it now. 😄

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
I heard about a case nearby here where Toyota updated the ECU of a Supra and they somehow broke it in the process. Now the car has been sitting at the dealership for 5-6 months. :rolleyes:

I find carplay to be just as fine, or even better since its syncs everything to your phone. Also, the interface is nicer. I guess Android Auto is just as good.
So maybe its better if you get used to it now. 😄
I guess I will have to😡

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
We can update or maps via USB?
If you have the online services active you can download updated maps onto a usb drive and then upload them to the car, unfortunately i no longer can

Baldmonkey22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
If you have the online services active you can download updated maps onto a usb drive and then upload them to the car, unfortunately i no longer can
I have connected services and dont see an option for map updates. from what ive read its OTA only.

if there is a manual way to download that would be cool...

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
There is, you need to find and install toyota map dowloder (I don't have my pc here now but it's called something like that)then login using your connected credentials, you will need a 32 or 64gb usb drive and some time, the download is slow... when finished you simply plug the usb drive in the car and let it install

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have connected services and dont see an option for map updates. from what ive read its OTA only.

if there is a manual way to download that would be cool...
We don't have that option here in the states to update the maps ourselves for the Supra. At least not that I have found. Since it's a BMW system, that system doesn't accept a Supra VIN. My dealership will do it for free but they aren't very savvy when it comes to getting large files onto USB drives. I ordered the map update file online for a few $$ and did it myself. I think I have the 2022-1 on my car now. The OTA updates only update a specific region and not all of North America

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
We don't have that option here in the states to update the maps ourselves for the Supra. At least not that I have found. Since it's a BMW system, that system doesn't accept a Supra VIN. My dealership will do it for free but they aren't very savvy when it comes to getting large files onto USB drives. I ordered the map update file online for a few $$ and did it myself. I think I have the 2022-1 on my car now. The OTA updates only update a specific region and not all of North America
Did you try to find and install the Toyota download manager (I'm in front of the pc now so I checked what it's called ;) )
you have to have that installed before you can start thinking about updating the maps.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did you try to find and install the Toyota download manager (I'm in front of the pc now so I checked what it's called ;) )
you have to have that installed before you can start thinking about updating the maps.
Yeah looking at the FAQ for that, it appears that is for Toyota multimedia software (not BMW) and specifically states that maps are not included as part of the available updates. Additionally, in the SupraConnect (BMW ConnectedDrive) info, map updates are also clearly spelled out by saying regions are available as OTA updates or you can get the USB files via your dealership.

I found it easier to pay a few $$ for the USB files and do it myself.

But if you’ve found another way, please do share

https://www.toyota.com/firmware-updates/download

https://www.supraconnect.com/faq.html
Sponsored