BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
hi guys, a happy update 😊
after almost a month of waiting and constantly sending more and more pissed of reminders to the dealer and Toyota Norway, someone actually started to push Toyota Europe for a solution, at the end of last week.
last friday / saturday TE reactivated and deactivated my services again, but this time when I clicked on the link included in the last mail it took me to a renewal site:thumbsup:
then it was just a matter of choosing the free renewal and all services were back online
to bad it took a month but at least it all works again and I'm happy

so if you have the same issue; you get the deactivation mail from supra connected but the renewal doesn't pop up when you follow the link included in the mail, just push the dealer/Toyota for a manual reactivation until they do it.
as far as I know the service renewal is free for EU cars, based on my experience (unlike BMW where you have to pay after three years)
Sponsored

2manybangz

First Name
Alby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra 3.0 - Renaissance Red
Hey, I'm in the same spot, expired in June since the car is from May 2019.
Just tried the support route, the call center promptly redirected me to customer support via e-mail.

I wrote to [email protected] (address for Italy) with the details of my case, let's see how it goes from there... Really hoping to get the features back, I wouldn't be opposed to paying even. But no choice is unacceptable.

I'll keep everybody posted, let's see if it's the same for all EU!

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Hey, I'm in the same spot, expired in June since the car is from May 2019.
Just tried the support route, the call center promptly redirected me to customer support via e-mail.

I wrote to [email protected] (address for Italy) with the details of my case, let's see how it goes from there... Really hoping to get the features back, I wouldn't be opposed to paying even. But no choice is unacceptable.

I'll keep everybody posted, let's see if it's the same for all EU!
I feel your pain buddy, tell them how my case was resolved👍 they need to send you a cancelation notice with a renewal link that works.
So activate, and deactivate again and hopefully the renewal link in the mail will work🤞
This needs to be done by Toyota Europe, so your local customer service needs to push TE to get this fixed

2manybangz

First Name
Alby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra 3.0 - Renaissance Red
Yeah I kinda expect it to be new to them right now, since we are the first ones to reach the 3yr landmark with the absolute first comers in 2019.
But it should gain a little traction and hopefully a kind of "avalanche effect" once more and more cars get to this age... It should become a technical bulletin sooner or later.

Not that we have the numbers of the dacia sandero, of course, but it should be enough for them to notice, if even just 50% complain and demand resolution ;)

Syken

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0
So I got an email for the Renewal link.
next day I got an email saying that I I’ll get an a booking confirmation soon and after that I can start to use the services again…
The question is how long did u guys wait for the confirmation email from Toyota connect services?

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
In my case it was active the day after they got their thumb out of their ... and looked at it, so with a bit of luck you can use it today already 👍🤞

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Bit late to add a data point, but I received an email on 01 September 2022 saying the subscription had ended, although the car was registered new on 17 October 2019, so less than 3 years.

The end of service email invited me to click to extend, which took me to the UK Supra Connect page and offered a further 2 years at no additional cost. I completed the application but nothing worked.

After repeated chasing of Toyota UK, service was resumed on 21 November 2022.

I can now download map updates again using the Toyota Supra Download Manager, 2022-2 being the most current maps for my region.

The1DoubleN

First Name
Benn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulence Grey
Has anyone in the U.S. had this issue and knows a resolution? My traffic information stopped updating a week ago, hasn't restored since.

Syken

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0
Happy Update!

After almost 3 months of waiting Toyota could fix the problem.
They told me to do a screenshot of this forum thread from @BG500.
I sent them the screenshots how @BG500 resolved the problem and after 1 week after sending the screenshots they just fixed my problem.

so a big thx to @BG500

OP
OP
BG500

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Glad I could help :)

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I never really heard when Toyota ever solved an issue with this car. They just put you on a waiting list.... 😒

I also have a 2019 model but never use the iDrive system. Only Apple Carplay and usually Waze for maps.
This is my plan. Hows the experience? Any issues? Quirks?

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
This is my plan. Hows the experience? Any issues? Quirks?
You mean using Carplay? It works great. Never had a problem with it.

Seen lots of reports on youtube that people have lots of disconnects using Carplay but that pretty much never happened to me.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
You mean using Carplay? It works great. Never had a problem with it.

Seen lots of reports on youtube that people have lots of disconnects using Carplay but that pretty much never happened to me.
Good to hear. Does Waze integrate with the camera that reads the speed signs, etc?

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Good to hear. Does Waze integrate with the camera that reads the speed signs, etc?
I think Waze manages that on their own based on its GPS data. Im not sure though.

ricard_jdm

First Name
Ricard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.garaget.org
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I have the exact same problem and have an open case with Toyota Sweden for about a year on this matter. I forwarded this thread to them in hops that they will send me a renewal link.
Sponsored