Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
I have a 2 part question and appreciate folks’ guidance:

Im running a new set of wheels where the factory TPMS isn’t working properly. I’m still going to run these at the track and figure it out when I have time. Aside from the warning message in iDrive, does the car care or would it go into some sort of limp mode?

On a similar tangent, I taped parts of my front bumper including the proximity sensors. I already got the warning message about the sensors being block. but will this cause issues on track?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Short answer is no. I deleted my sensors because they force on all nannies if pressure is too low. i start off pretty low before first session.

I am used to the pop warnings now

i would remove the tape from the actual sensors. I never had to do this, but i would hate to have the brakes applied by the car

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
not recognizing TPMS will not trigger any intervention by vehicle. however, low pressure detected by TPMS (paired /w car, of course) may intervene.

as for sensor, I have wrap over it and i never had issue. the typical situation issue/warning occurs because there's gap between the tape and the sensor. you could cut circle around the sensor or try to stick it air tight, absolutely no gap in between tape and sensor.

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
not recognizing TPMS will not trigger any intervention by vehicle. however, low pressure detected by TPMS (paired /w car, of course) may intervene.

as for sensor, I have wrap over it and i never had issue. the typical situation issue/warning occurs because there's gap between the tape and the sensor. you could cut circle around the sensor or try to stick it air tight, absolutely no gap in between tape and sensor.
as always, thank you!
Sponsored