OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra, 45th Anniversary, Mikan Blast
94boosted,

Is that right? A couple of hours ago I order straps that wrap around the tire. Your idea sounds much, much better. Can you elaborate and give me specific details? I have no experience with Supras. This one is my first one and I'll be driving 600 miles one way to get it and I don't want to be trying to scramble to implement plan B when plan A didn't work out. Know what I mean?

Thanks,
Gil
Sponsored

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
94boosted,

Is that right? A couple of hours ago I order straps that wrap around the tire. Your idea sounds much, much better. Can you elaborate and give me specific details? I have no experience with Supras. This one is my first one and I'll be driving 600 miles one way to get it and I don't want to be trying to scramble to implement plan B when plan A didn't work out. Know what I mean?

Thanks,
Gil
The plastic rectangular jacking/lift pads are easily removable, there are some YouTube videos on how to do it. Once removed there's a slot directly in the frame at each pad location, a T-hook slots in there perfectly. Ties the car down very securely and doesn't put any side load on the suspension or tie rods, also zero risk of scuffing or scratching your wheels. I've towed all my cars this way (Corvette's, Miata's, Camaro's, etc.) with no issues.

I've read that this is the way our cars are tied down on the cargo ships when they leave the factory and are shipped across the pond.

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra, 45th Anniversary, Mikan Blast
Awesome. I'll try to find a few videos.

Thanks a ton,
Gil

The plastic rectangular jacking/lift pads are easily removable, there are some YouTube videos on how to do it. Once removed there's a slot directly in the frame at each pad location, a T-hook slots in there perfectly. Ties the car down very securely and doesn't put any side load on the suspension or tie rods, also zero risk of scuffing or scratching your wheels. I've towed all my cars this way (Corvette's, Miata's, Camaro's, etc.) with no issues.

I've read that this is the way our cars are tied down on the cargo ships when they leave the factory and are shipped across the pond.
Sponsored