U-Haul trailer advice

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
Has anyone transported their vehicle on a uhaul car hauler? If so, did you need to rig anything to get it strapped down/not rip the bumper off? I figure a few chunks of 2x8’s would be sufficient to overcome most typical problems, but want to make sure.

Any pictures or crayon drawings would be greatly appreciated.
EA4403F5-A1B6-4BAE-8D05-607CDFD7AB1E.jpeg
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The frontwheel stops (lifted angled metal) are removable. Didn't remove then when I loaded my race BRZ up for a move and took a chunk out of my splitter.

Otherwise just lots of wood.

MKV_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Pulled mine from Dallas, TX to Northern Utah. Just over 1,300 miles. I'm lowered on HKS adjustable and had to use some 2x8's under the end of the ramp to pull the car on and off so I wouldn't scrape. Then as you can see in the bottom picture I used the 2x8s to raise the front so the bumper would have more clearance.

IMG-3540.jpg
IMG-3538.jpg

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I used one of these to transport from California to Texas. I used some wood blocks to raise the front some as others have said. Driving it up was dicey haha. If you have aftermarket wheels, the strap will rub a tiny bit in transit due to vibration regardless of how well its secured. Also, huge word of advice, don't put a cover on yr car. With the wind, it slightly allowed just enough air to slip in and flap against the hips and other angular parts. It left cloth rub micro scratches. I know in retrospect, it wasn't the greatest idea now, but at the time I only thought of wind and rocks etc. If I did it again I'd take my chances with the open air elements than the rubbing. It CAN be removed, but definitely made me wanna cry.

20221104_130111.jpg

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I drove my FRS from VA to MI ~8-9 hours with a 10' truck and the car.

Every bump, every turn scared the hell out of me. I could only see the car on turns lol.
Made it safe and sound even with some snow drizzle..
Didn’t have to use and additional straps or 2x4s. But yeah not a Supra..

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Would a stock car fit ok on these ramps with the wood blocks?

OP
OP
Lonestar_Nomad

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
I used one of these to transport from California to Texas. I used some wood blocks to raise the front some as others have said. Driving it up was dicey haha. If you have aftermarket wheels, the strap will rub a tiny bit in transit due to vibration regardless of how well its secured. Also, huge word of advice, don't put a cover on yr car. With the wind, it slightly allowed just enough air to slip in and flap against the hips and other angular parts. It left cloth rub micro scratches. I know in retrospect, it wasn't the greatest idea now, but at the time I only thought of wind and rocks etc. If I did it again I'd take my chances with the open air elements than the rubbing. It CAN be removed, but definitely made me wanna cry.
Good to know. I was definitely planning to leave the cover on.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Good to know. I was definitely planning to leave the cover on.
Glad I could help! Yea, tbh I didn't even think about the fabric being able to leave scratches. But yea from the wind rubbing the material of the fabric, it left the color of the fabric scratched/rubbed onto those lines I mentioned. So on the red there is light gray rub scratches on it :(

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
I have. @Jesse DaBears and I hauled mine from Chicago to Cleveland in the middle of a snow storm with his rod knocking Yukon and a u-haul trailer. Back it in though, easier that way.
Yukon is a beast. 20 yr old truck and hasnt let me down yet. Cant wait until we B58 swap it when that knock becomes a heavy THUMP

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yukon is a beast. 20 yr old truck and hasnt let me down yet. Cant wait until we B58 swap it when that knock becomes a heavy THUMP
We can throw a ZF in there too, and it'll do a heavy ZZZzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Sponsored