Drag n’ Drive Trailer Hitch

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
As per title, I wanted a descreet hitch for drag n drive events. At around the 11 minute mark of this video is where my friend Kyle touches on some of the things he did to add strength.

I will add some pics of the process. I am sure some will improve on this, but there was no “how to” so this was my take on it.
IMG_0414.jpeg
IMG_0466.jpeg
IMG_0611.jpeg
IMG_0737.jpeg
image000000.jpeg
IMG_0850.jpeg
IMG_0856.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TYMBOM

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Not 100% done as I am awaiting powder coating, and the trailer will also be getting a bunch of things, but you get the idea.
IMG_0867.jpeg
IMG_0832.jpeg

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Really awesome, I've got a much clearer picture of the custom fab and how you routed everything. I was a little unsure of what you were doing in a few places until now. Definitely looks very replicable if you have the means to do metal fabrication and welding. Very nicely done.

I don't keep up with anything about drag racing so I didn't even know there was an off the shelf mount available for our cars. That's an awesome base to be able to modify.

OP
OP
TYMBOM

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Really awesome, I've got a much clearer picture of the custom fab and how you routed everything. I was a little unsure of what you were doing in a few places until now. Definitely looks very replicable if you have the means to do metal fabrication and welding. Very nicely done.

I don't keep up with anything about drag racing so I didn't even know there was an off the shelf mount available for our cars. That's an awesome base to be able to modify.
There is definitely not an off the shelf solution (that I could find). The events mean no support vehicles and can only use what you can bring. Bringing all my ethanol, tools, electric scooter, clothes for a week for both my wife and I was a task even without dedicated track tires. This will make things MUCH easier, as well I can still put on my roof rack if I need/want a little more.
Side note, the SeaSuckers are no joke 👌
IMG_1049.jpeg
IMG_0782.jpeg
LS3_7347.jpeg

OP
OP
TYMBOM

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
I just need the powder coating to make it black now.

Hitch with licence plate holder and trailer wiring 🙌
IMG_0875.jpeg

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Need. Your friend should really start producing these as time allows. My friend Shawn made a relatively easy trailer hitch for 86s and it took off.

OP
OP
TYMBOM

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Need. Your friend should really start producing these as time allows. My friend Shawn made a relatively easy trailer hitch for 86s and it took off.
Here is how it looks with the plate mounted. Also, wouldn’t be quite that easy since it started life as a Titan parachute mount and we are in Northern Canada.
IMG_0876.jpeg
IMG_0877.jpeg

macdojoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Miata
These look awesome. Would you make another for sale? I tow a tire trailer with my previous track car and would like to tow with the supra.

OP
OP
TYMBOM

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
These look awesome. Would you make another for sale? I tow a tire trailer with my previous track car and would like to tow with the supra.
I can send you the rough pics of the process. Anyone who can weld can do it. I got the trailer plug from Amazon, parachute mount from Titan, and the rest was just labour and powder coating.

OP
OP
TYMBOM

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Here is what was welded on, just a normal hitch and ball once the Titan piece was cut off.

We did strengthen plates on the back, as well as added another round bar inside and welded it for more strength. You can see it on the end.

IMG_3036.jpeg
IMG_3037.jpeg

OP
OP
TYMBOM

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
The trailer is next and the final will resemble this although will be all powder coated to match the rest. Added a personal touch to my Welds too as I hate chrome and raw aluminum look.
IMG_3035.jpeg
IMG_2635.jpeg

macdojoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Miata
Here is what was welded on, just a normal hitch and ball once the Titan piece was cut off.

We did strengthen plates on the back, as well as added another round bar inside and welded it for more strength. You can see it on the end.

IMG_3036.jpeg
IMG_3037.jpeg
Thank you very much! This helps!

OP
OP
TYMBOM

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Different angle while putting in the new trans where you can see the trailer plug on the left hand side behind the licence plate.
IMG_3060.jpeg
Sponsored