Thatguyw_stat

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 650whp, GTR 1500whp, BMW X5 F15 Daily
Vehicle Showcase
I drove the car normally this day, high power map was just to much for the weather we’re having. I went to put the car to a lower setting, and as it did it’s magic reflashing. When I went to turn on the car it never turned on. Error Message - Car will only start when in parking gear.

Transmission thinks it is in a gear. Or as my tuner tells me in transition, it won’t let me turn on the car.

I've made several attempts to turn on the car by flashing back to stock, than to a modified map in attempts to clean the computer it just has not worked.

Have spent most of my evening waiting for Toyota care to come around for a pre paid tow service ..

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays Team.

Kevin is coming down to my house tomorrow the best man on this planet to see what is going on .

- transmission is possessed
Sponsored

Allday420

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2015 wrx, 1992 Land cruiser diesel
I drove the car normally this day, high power map was just to much for the weather we’re having. I went to put the car to a lower setting, and as it did it’s magic reflashing. When I went to turn on the car it never turned on. Error Message - Car will only start when in parking gear.

Transmission thinks it is in a gear. Or as my tuner tells me in transition, it won’t let me turn on the car.

I've made several attempts to turn on the car by flashing back to stock, than to a modified map in attempts to clean the computer it just has not worked.

Have spent most of my evening waiting for Toyota care to come around for a pre paid tow service ..

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays Team.

Kevin is coming down to my house tomorrow the best man on this planet to see what is going on .

- transmission is possessed
What are you tuned with?

OP
OP
Thatguyw_stat

Thatguyw_stat

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
DimSport, seems to be a issue with low voltage from the battery in the cold weather when changing maps it seems to corrupt the file

What are you tuned with?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Flashing the DME should not effect the TCM even if the battery was dead. It would only fail the flash. In the instance of flashing the car with a weak or dead battery the DME actually shuts off at like 11.5v or 11.8v from OBD flashing (don't qoute me on the voltage as i would need to look at the coding again) so it would drop connection to the flash tool.

s your battery bad? do you let the car sit for days before flashing? If car sits for days without starting, i would recommend always starting the car and letting it run for a few minutes prior to flashing if oyu don't have a tender/charger hooked up to it.

Allday420

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2015 wrx, 1992 Land cruiser diesel
Hmm, i used a company called Mission Performance in California. They flashed my DME using a software called mFlasher. The car was required to be on and running to do the flash.

You should call Alex and talk to him, I'm sure he can help you troubleshoot.

OP
OP
Thatguyw_stat

Thatguyw_stat

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Flashing the DME should not effect the TCM even if the battery was dead. It would only fail the flash. In the instance of flashing the car with a weak or dead battery the DME actually shuts off at like 11.5v or 11.8v from OBD flashing (don't qoute me on the voltage as i would need to look at the coding again) so it would drop connection to the flash tool.

s your battery bad? do you let the car sit for days before flashing? If car sits for days without starting, i would recommend always starting the car and letting it run for a few minutes prior to flashing if oyu don't have a tender/charger hooked up to it.
Ended up being the case low voltage issue the car was off for a brief moment 45 mins in the cold before flashing.

OP
OP
Thatguyw_stat

Thatguyw_stat

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, i used a company called Mission Performance in California. They flashed my DME using a software called mFlasher. The car was required to be on and running to do the flash.

You should call Alex and talk to him, I'm sure he can help you troubleshoot.
Gracefully sorted Kevin came to my house and got the car running. It goes back for some more firmware updates so when spring comes around we can get this thing on the track.