Went catless with AWE touring... Such a mistake, suggestions?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Well after a couple very happy months with my AWE non res touring I finally installed my catless downpipe and stage 2 tune, I love the power but the sound is awful, it is so raspy at 3-5k rpm and obnoxious I am embarrassed driving it... I don't want to go back to stock exhaust, I love the awe, but at the same time like my stage 2, I already called AWE and ordered the Resonated Mid Pipes, but it is a 8-10 week lead time... and That is crazy, but so be it, my friend took off his CTS turbo 4.5" high flow cat, and is gonna sell it to me, I am already out the cost of install and catless, oh well, but will installing the HFC tone it down? I really can not stand the rasp and I know the power difference will be minimal... any thoughts, maybe once resonated midpipe comes in I'll throw the catless back on if it is not loud enough resonated with HFC or just cancel the midpipe if the HFC does it... really stressing about this and want to find a quick solution, any suggestions? besides go back to stock LOL. The shop said the HFC won't make a difference but hopefully it does a little to remove the rasp. Thanks in advance.

Edit- if anyone who has awe res or track with the resonated midpipe and wants to trade, please hmu

Sponsored

Last edited:

anooj

First Name
Anooj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2014 BMW 328xi
A high flow cat will definitely reduce the rasp, so I'd try that first. If you're willing to spend even more, a gesi catted dp (400 cell like ams or active autowerks) might even reduce it more than a regular 200 cell high flow catted dp

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
A high flow cat will definitely reduce the rasp, so I'd try that first. If you're willing to spend even more, a gesi catted dp (ams, active autowerks) might even reduce it more than a regular 200cell high flow catted dp
Hopefully... I can not handle 10 weeks of this lol. what set up are you running?

anooj

First Name
Anooj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have an AMS catted dp and a VR titanium exhaust (titanium is usually more raspy than steel) but the catted definitely helps keep it deeper

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I have an AMS catted dp and a VR titanium exhaust (titanium is usually more raspy than steel) but the catted definitely helps keep it deeper
and no trombone vq35 with a straight pipe sound. I really don't want to do both HFC and res, because that'll prob be too quiet but hfc I can do now, vs have to wait 10 weeks for res.

anooj

First Name
Anooj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah the VR exhaust I have is valved so in sport it's actually straight through. Definitely not trombone like. I think the cat should be enough but I also have a gesi cat, so that might be less raspy. You can hear it on my IG if you're interested @itsa_supra

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Yeah the VR exhaust I have is valved so in sport it's actually straight through. Definitely not trombone like. I think the cat should be enough but I also have a gesi cat, so that might be less raspy. You can hear it on my IG if you're interested @itsa_supra
ya just watched ur car sounds way better... F me lol lemme do the cat first and hopefully I still have all my loud pops and stuff but less rasp

anooj

First Name
Anooj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You should be good with just a catted dp, cause that clip was straight through (no res) and a catted dp

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
You should be good with just a catted dp, cause that clip was straight through (no res) and a catted dp
CTS is 200 cell so we'll see

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So if anyone with stock Dp that has awe Track or a Res touring and wants to figure out a deal to swap midpipes please HMU! Keep in mind this can be temporary since I already have ones on order from AWE but will take 8-10 weeks

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I have the AWE Touring with resonator and a catless DP. The resonator must help a lot with rasp cause I don't have any at all. I'd see if AWE can send you a midpipe with a resonator then pay the difference if there is any once they receive your current midpipe.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I have the AWE Touring with resonator and a catless DP. The resonator must help a lot with rasp cause I don't have any at all. I'd see if AWE can send you a midpipe with a resonator then pay the difference if there is any once they receive your current midpipe.
I already ordered the AWE resonated midpipe... paid and everything but it needs to be built so 8-10 weeks, I wish some one can send me one, I'll pay what I need too and give my non res as well
Sponsored