First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! I don't want to drill at this time either. 3M is the way to go

Rexspeed website claims their CF is dry as well. Perhaps it's the finish?

Screenshot_20191222-205713_Chrome.jpg
This is what I installed on my Nocturnal Supra. I did not drill or screw the lip into the bumper. I just used the 3M and made sure the surface was cleaned of any imperfections prior to install.

Fits and stay on perfectly without screwing into place.

Here is the link to the install and what it looks like.

Cheers,
-V
Sponsored

EndlessProjectsSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2013 WideBody Accord, 2011 Silverado PreRunner, 1985 Mercedes Benz
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I installed on my Nocturnal Supra. I did not drill or screw the lip into the bumper. I just used the 3M and made sure the surface was cleaned of any imperfections prior to install.

Fits and stay on perfectly without screwing into place.

Here is the link to the install and what it looks like.

Cheers,
-V
It’s a great addition. One of the first things I did. Since you’ve got a black one like me I recommend the TRD door garnishes. It’s contrasts nicely with the wing and carbon mirrors

Sorry if pic is upside down lol still don’t know why that happens.

454D2452-D0F5-4DEC-905B-C6EEE6421996.jpeg

67085CE0-99A7-4A0F-8E2B-BB916898441E.jpeg

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a great addition. One of the first things I did. Since you’ve got a black one like me I recommend the TRD door garnishes. It’s contrasts nicely with the wing and carbon mirrors

Sorry if pic is upside down lol still don’t know why that happens.

454D2452-D0F5-4DEC-905B-C6EEE6421996.jpeg

67085CE0-99A7-4A0F-8E2B-BB916898441E.jpeg

See, I really want those TRD bits, but the pricing is obnoxious here. Plus my dealers are not able to get anything TRD yet.

I'm waiting for a company like Speed Industry/Rexpeed/etc... to come out with basically the same thing for a more reasonable price and timing.

Looks really nice though on the Nocturnal.

-V

EndlessProjectsSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2013 WideBody Accord, 2011 Silverado PreRunner, 1985 Mercedes Benz
Vehicle Showcase
See, I really want those TRD bits, but the pricing is obnoxious here. Plus my dealers are not able to get anything TRD yet.

I'm waiting for a company like Speed Industry/Rexpeed/etc... to come out with basically the same thing for a more reasonable price and timing.

Looks really nice though on the Nocturnal.

-V
Seibon’s got door garnishes which you can preorder from SpeedIndustry. But they don’t have the fins or accent line that the TRD does. Totally agree it’s ridiculously over priced but I needed them after seeing them in person at SEMA.
JapanParts.com is a site that you can get them shipped and ensured for around $3400
But I’m sure in the future some more companies will make some other options.

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Just follow this and you will be fine.
That's the same video I shared LOL glad others here are on the same page.

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seibon’s got door garnishes which you can preorder from SpeedIndustry. But they don’t have the fins or accent line that the TRD does. Totally agree it’s ridiculously over priced but I needed them after seeing them in person at SEMA.
JapanParts.com is a site that you can get them shipped and ensured for around $3400
But I’m sure in the future some more companies will make some other options.
I saw the Seibon pieces but the TRD parts I think are much nicer and we know there won't be any fitment issues with TRD parts ;)
Also the TRD along with having the fin and accent lines has the fake vent delete as well which makes for better aerodynamics.

I will be the first to have the Tom's complete dry carbon aero kit for the A90 Supra. I received very confidential photos from Tom's direct and I must state that it's one of the better carbon aero kits for the A90. It's better than the TRD. Tom's also has vented carbon fender flares for front and rear as well as a carbon spoiler and a titanium exhaust coming out. Look for their car at the Tokyo Auto Salon in January 2020. I wish I could share the photos but I'm under strict NDA. So those interested will simply have to wait until they officially release the photos/videos. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
That installation process on the M235i might have worked with just the pry method however, you do that on the A90 Supra I'm almost certain you will break the T tabs and break the mirror as well. The clip points are different between the two models. Look closely at the photos provided from your video link and the one I shared.
I was able to pop it off my LE caps without issue (as shown in that link); the link you shared was also included in the thread I posted a couple of months ago, along with some discussion about the topic.

Just trying to consolidate threads so we don’t have a bunch of different threads about the same topic. (I know there’s a lot of newcomers to this site who may have missed these discussions when they were originally happening, but a lot of this stuff has been discussed here previously and there’s existing threads for many of these topics.) ;-)

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to pop it off my LE caps without issue (as shown in that link); the link you shared was also included in the thread I posted a couple of months ago, along with some discussion about the topic.

Just trying to consolidate threads so we don’t have a bunch of different threads about the same topic. (I know there’s a lot of newcomers to this site who may have missed these discussions when they were originally happening, but a lot of this stuff has been discussed here previously and there’s existing threads for many of these topics.) ;-)
Let me get this straight. So you pried off the OEM mirror caps of your A90 MKV Supra from the front with 3 locked T clips inside the housing unit yourself and didn't break any of the tabs, and did this before anyone made tutorial videos about it and didn't record your install on video but now want to divulge to everyone here after the actual topic was pinned highlighted on the Forum's main page by my post about the TRD install as trying to consolidate the threads into one topic?

I see what you're doing here ;)

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to pop it off my LE caps without issue (as shown in that link)
You may have very well pried your mirror caps off from the front without going through the correct procedure which is to remove the mirror's glass and pinch the T tabs through the mounting points to release the mirror cap. I'm certain you broke your LE cap's T tabs if you did it as you stated. There is no way those T tabs are going through those holes without being broken off by simply prying from the front of the mirror cap. Please don't advise people here to do something so stupid for the sake of saving a little time to do a proper install the correct way. Thanks!
A90-T-clip.png

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let me get this straight. So you pried off the OEM mirror caps of your A90 MKV Supra from the front with 3 locked T clips inside the housing unit yourself and didn't break any of the tabs, and did this before anyone made tutorial videos about it and didn't record your install on video but now want to divulge to everyone here after the actual topic was pinned highlighted on the Forum's main page by my post about the TRD install as trying to consolidate the threads into one topic?

I see what you're doing here ;)
Yes, I'm honestly not sure why the mods didn't consolidate this with the TRD thread (as it wasn't just about pricing and there's been a lot of helpful discussion about the parts therein, including installation instructions). Also, when I got my parts, there weren't tutorials about their installation or that of the TRD parts, so I translated the Japanese manuals for the TRD parts myself into English and posted them to the TRD thread and shared a GIF in the CF mirror caps thread showing that my LE caps safely made it off, although after the fact we now know it wasn't the best way to go about doing it; later (in the beginning of November of last year) the video showing how to properly pop off the mirror caps (by first popping off the mirror) was shared by another poster in the mirror cap installation thread which I linked to, so that's also been on this site for months now, and is the proper place for it (because the caps are not TRD parts and so they don't technically belong in the TRD thread). I just shared a link to the mirror cap thread to show that that information is also on here - someone hasn't been using the search function. ;)

Anyway, I didn't make the TRD thread or the CF mirror thread, and even if I did it's not like I would profit from having done so, so I'm not sure what you think I'm doing - I'm just pointing out that these resources are on this site already, and in several cases, in a much easier to view format in case anyone's actually considering picking up these parts...

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I'm honestly not sure why the mods didn't consolidate this with the TRD thread (as it wasn't just about pricing and there's been a lot of helpful discussion about the parts therein, including installation instructions). Also, when I got my parts, there weren't tutorials about their installation or that of the TRD parts, so I translated the Japanese manuals for the TRD parts myself into English and posted them to the TRD thread and shared a GIF in the CF mirror caps thread showing that my LE caps safely made it off, although after the fact we now know it wasn't the best way to go about doing it; later (in the beginning of November of last year) the video showing how to properly pop off the mirror caps (by first popping off the mirror) was shared by another poster in the mirror cap installation thread which I linked to, so that's also been on this site for months now, and is the proper place for it (because the caps are not TRD parts and so they don't technically belong in the TRD thread). I just shared a link to the mirror cap thread to show that that information is also on here - someone hasn't been using the search function. ;)

Anyway, I didn't make the TRD thread or the CF mirror thread, and even if I did it's not like I would profit from having done so, so I'm not sure what you think I'm doing - I'm just pointing out that these resources are on this site already, and in several cases, in a much easier to view format in case anyone's actually considering picking up these parts...
Damn Stephen King novel here LOL. Didn't bother reading all of that. You broke your tabs on you LE caps and installed new ones without doing the install correctly. Toyota dealers have had installation instructions on the mirror caps when the MKV went on sale. Anyway, you didn't start a thread topic regarding this subject matter and only prefaced it in someone else's thread. Then, when a specific thread topic regarding the mirror caps came you want to ensure all readers that you were the first to post about it in another thread. We get it, you're a little brainiac Mr. know-it-all who wants some credit here for allegedly sharing the info first. Jesus Christ, are we in junior high here? No one cares who shares the info as long as it's correct info. Further more if you want your content to be found by members using the search function it needs to be the title in a post that the search function will discover, and not some few random posts 5 threads into a topic. Okay I really want my 7 minutes I used to respond to this back now. LOL

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
/sigh
 Yes, I’m aware that you don’t read posts. :p

Anyway, I was neither the first to share the installation information on here nor the first to install the parts (or even the first poster here to pop off my mirror caps prior to the proper removal video being shared last November). As others have shared elsewhere on this site, here are links to the various instruction manuals and TRD OEM pricing in Japanese from TRD’s own website (again, I wasn’t the first to find / share this information on these forums – I’m simply reposting this info here since you didn’t bother to spend 10 minutes to read the other threads (including one literally titled "TRD Parts") before making a new post):
As mentioned previously, the English translations of the rear trunk spoiler and side door garnish installation manuals can be found in the TRD Parts thread. Feel free to use them, repost them, claim credit for them – I don’t care (and that’s why I didn’t plaster my name all over the translations; I just want them to be out there for those who are interested). It’s just silly that the “installation instructions” post that’s been stickied on this forum is phone-taken pics of the Japanese manuals when we’ve had high-resolution versions of this information (even in Japanese) for months now.

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
dam them 19 inch wheels are like 6000 USD..HOLY..

OP
OP

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Again, I wasn’t the first to find / share this information on these forums – I’m simply reposting this info here since you didn’t bother to spend 10 minutes to read the other threads (including one literally titled "TRD Parts") before making a new post
You seem obsessed with making it a point to redirect and hijack this thread topic here. The thread topic you keep referencing to is titled "First TRD Parts (and pricing) Available For 2020 Supra", Originally posted by forum moderator Supra93. This thread topic is titled, "TRD Carbon Duckbill Spoiler INSTALLED!!! + Installation Instructions". Although similar subject matter, they're different sub-topics specifically. The former thread only shared TRD pricing and links to various sites for purchase. It did not specifically go into detail about a specific install and comparison as my initial post here regarding the TRD and Rexpeed spoiler has. Furthermore, you shared attached files in the former thread on page 7 of the installation instructions and wonder why no one saw them? No one wants to take the time to open and download attachments from a forum when a photo can be posted instead. ;)

Browsing the history on the thread topic you keep injecting here, it appears you chimed in on page 7, post #97 on August 28, 2019. You're not the OP and you expect for members here to magically find your posts buried amongst 10 pages of similar words and content though a search function? You still wonder why your rehashed posts weren't shared on the forum's main page? o_O Others had already posted direct links for TRD pricing on page 5 in June 2019 two months before you did, and yet YOU REPOSTED THE EXACT LINKS on the same thread. Now, you are here on this thread whining like a spoiled child because you feel you're owed some form of merit for sharing links that were already shared. :confused:

I don’t care (and that’s why I didn’t plaster my name all over the translations; I just want them to be out there for those who are interested
You did plaster your name all over your posts and keep making a fuss here because you feel you deserve merit and my post doesn't because you had parts installed before I did. Again, you are not fooling anyone here why you keep making this an issue.

It’s just silly that the “installation instructions” post that’s been stickied on this forum is phone-taken pics of the Japanese manuals when we’ve had high-resolution versions of this information (even in Japanese) for months now.
No. The photos I shared here are high resolution HD photos uploaded from a desktop. I'm assuming the reason my post got stickied was the fact that the post was not only an informative installation post, but yet a comparison post between two brands which will allow readers and A90 owners to make a more precise decision when seeking a duckbill spoiler between the two brands i.e. TRD and Rexpeed. If you want merit for sharing and want to be featured on the forum's main page so bad, then might I suggest posting something unique and be sure that you're the OP. I'm certain my post wasn't featured on the basis of the the instruction manuals alone. ;)

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The post you referenced wasn't links to pricing info that was already in that thread - it was a consolidation of links to TRD USA, TRD Japan, and Toyota Japan's websites for Supra parts as that info was shared by other users in other threads but not the TRD Parts one prior to that.

Anyway, I didn't come here to ask you to credit me or any of the other posters in that thread with anything - I just wanted to point out that if you'd taken a quick look you could've provided the community with searchable PDF versions of the manuals (in case they want to copy+paste into Google Translate) or even English translations, and you would've known the mirror caps aren't TRD parts. When I noticed that you were soliciting folks to take and upload pictures of the manuals is when I jumped in to be like, hey... you know that you can just download them directly from TRD's website, and that that's already been discussed and posted (including English translations) in this other "TRD Parts" thread, right?

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/toms-of-japan-mkv-supra-reveal-tokyo-auto-salon.3149/page-2
Sponsored

Last edited: