trunk open indicator

michaeljay

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra 2020
cheers all, my indicator for trunk open, comes on frequently when i startup. the first few times i thought maybe i didnt close it firmly enough(new car) but its happen enough times that its clearly firmly shut....
ideas??

thank you
Sponsored

James1995lin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
this could be completely unrelated to your problem, but if your trunk escape lever is not latched onto its designated area, it could swing around and get caught between the slit when you close the trunk, causing the indicator to show your trunk being opened.

OP
OP
michaeljay

michaeljay

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra 2020
James cheers, actually interesting idea, the small plastic pull has come dislodged...is free moving, my girl friend pulled on, when the trunk was open. :)
to be be frank I havent figure out how to replace it...will however
thanks so much
helpful

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
this could be completely unrelated to your problem, but if your trunk escape lever is not latched onto its designated area, it could swing around and get caught between the slit when you close the trunk, causing the indicator to show your trunk being opened.

^this...

I had this happen to me after I picked up the car and finally discovered the handle wasn't secured in place against the hatch wall...

fun fact: the plastic handle actually glows in the dark!

OP
OP
michaeljay

michaeljay

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra 2020
Tom cheers, I think you're correct on this, the handle isnt secured. can suggest how to do this?
thank you

its secured now,
:)

thanks

James1995lin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
James cheers, actually interesting idea, the small plastic pull has come dislodged...is free moving, my girl friend pulled on, when the trunk was open. :)
to be be frank I havent figure out how to replace it...will however
thanks so much
helpful
Mine actually broke while slamming my trunk too hard, so I took it back to the dealer telling them it wasn't secured on correctly when I took delivery of the car, so they replaced it for me free of charge.

IMG_4876.JPG
Sponsored