junuwine

First Name
Jun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK5 2.0
Hello

I'm new to the scene and I've been trying to do research but I wanted to hear your opinions. I recently purchased a used Supra 2.0.

I'm interested in driving the car on a track for a new experience (obviously at the beginner level). It would be my very first time. This is also my first sports car. My concern is the wheels it came with.

They are called TSW Sebring wheels and I believe it has the OEM brakes. They are 18 inch alloy. Tires are OEM. Are these good enough for tracking?

thanks in advance

https://www.tsw.com/tsw-sebring
Sponsored

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Wheels don't really matter for the track. At a beginner level anything works tbh you shouldn't be pushing it to the point where you are losing control. You just need to make sure your vehicle has been properly maintained. Make sure the tires and brake pads aren't too worn and replace the fluid if needed.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Wheels don't really matter for the track. At a beginner level anything works tbh you shouldn't be pushing it to the point where you are losing control. You just need to make sure your vehicle has been properly maintained. Make sure the tires and brake pads aren't too worn and replace the fluid if needed.
I would to this just say
The wheels are probably fine just make sure they are hub centric or they have hub centric rings installed..
Really don’t want to depend on the lug bolts to keep the wheel centered on the hub..

Last edited:
OP
OP
junuwine

junuwine

First Name
Jun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK5 2.0
I appreciate all your feedback! Thank you

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Hello

I'm new to the scene and I've been trying to do research but I wanted to hear your opinions. I recently purchased a used Supra 2.0.

I'm interested in driving the car on a track for a new experience (obviously at the beginner level). It would be my very first time. This is also my first sports car. My concern is the wheels it came with.

They are called TSW Sebring wheels and I believe it has the OEM brakes. They are 18 inch alloy. Tires are OEM. Are these good enough for tracking?

thanks in advance

https://www.tsw.com/tsw-sebring
Not on this platform but I have a friend who tracked his TSW wheels for years without issue. It was one of the flow formed models which helps them keep the price competitive and still be a strong wheel. Not sure if the model you picked is but you may want to check that it is flow formed for a bit more peace of mind. FWIW you can always just stick with the oem set and get new wheels after a few track sessions. This gives you some time to learn how the car behaves and determine how aggressive of a tire you want to run.

OP
OP
junuwine

junuwine

First Name
Jun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK5 2.0
Not on this platform but I have a friend who tracked his TSW wheels for years without issue. It was one of the flow formed models which helps them keep the price competitive and still be a strong wheel. Not sure if the model you picked is but you may want to check that it is flow formed for a bit more peace of mind. FWIW you can always just stick with the oem set and get new wheels after a few track sessions. This gives you some time to learn how the car behaves and determine how aggressive of a tire you want to run.
That was another concern for me that I've researched. I read that Alloy wheels are not the best. But I may get by. Thanks for the feedback!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
That was another concern for me that I've researched. I read that Alloy wheels are not the best. But I may get by. Thanks for the feedback!
Do you mean Aluminum Alloy? Alloy is just a process of mixing two metals. 99% of wheels are Aluminum Alloy.

Btw, I track on TSW's with zero issues.

IMG_1419.jpeg

OP
OP
junuwine

junuwine

First Name
Jun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK5 2.0
Do you mean Aluminum Alloy? Alloy is just a process of mixing two metals. 99% of wheels are Aluminum Alloy.

IMG_1419.jpeg
yes thank you that's what I meant. 🙏 Beautiful car btw. Hope to one day get a white 3.0 like yours dawg

Gabe

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MkV/Tesla Model S/Tesla Model X

IMG_1419.jpeg
is that a permanent number sticker? I was thinking about a magnet for my track Sundays but then realized it’s plastic. 😂😂😂

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
is that a permanent number sticker? I was thinking about a magnet for my track Sundays but then realized it’s plastic. 😂😂😂
It’s vinyl sticker. Door is aluminum. Only magnetic metal for numbers is rear quarter panel.

Quinnh1

First Name
Quinton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

IMG_1419.jpeg
Where did you get them? Saw you paid under $700 and I need to know how 🥴🥴