Tuning Options - A91 MT

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Sure there are. You could run a Motec ecu and pull the bosch unit out completely. I mean if you wanted to lose all the creature comforts.

Could being the operative word. You could also make the car fly with enough effort.

No one TMK is working on a standalone Motec firmware, harness, etc.. for this platform. The current and pending Motec offerings are all still piggybacks.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Could being the operative word. You could also make the car fly with enough effort.

No one TMK is working on a standalone Motec firmware, harness, etc.. for this platform. The current and pending Motec offerings are all still piggybacks.
The Toyota Supra GT4 runs a magneti marelli standalone. Obviously, that goes into your category of "with enough effort". :)

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
A blow-through carb with a cable would be sweet as well. That's one way to solve the throttle closure issues à la JB4. 🤡

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Sure there are. You could run a Motec ecu and pull the bosch unit out completely. I mean if you wanted to lose all the creature comforts.
Lol sure. But you've gotta ya know.... do that.

I'll rephrase. No one is doing this right now, because it's not worth it.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
That seems right; we don't really know yet.

Just a JB4 added +40hp and +100tq on a custom 91 tune from @Jesse DaBears for me.
Since enough of the track peeps are able to do this without problems, I'm all in. I contacted @NitroYellowMKV and will be able to save $$$ on a catless downpipe and JB4 with bluetooth app control. It's also nice knowing this won't be anything major for Jesse DaBears. Mega reassurance seeing similar post across multiple threads :goodpost:

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Since enough of the track peeps are able to do this without problems, I'm all in. I contacted @NitroYellowMKV and will be able to save $$$ on a catless downpipe and JB4 with bluetooth app control. It's also nice knowing this won't be anything major for Jesse DaBears. Mega reassurance seeing similar post across multiple threads :goodpost:
Jesse was brilliant getting a custom tune dialed in. Boost over the rev range is much smoother than on a stock map.

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
Weird thought.. Could I mount the stock rear tires (only 1k miles) to the front and buy some 295s for the rear or would there be rubbing? I'd imagine the traction and handling would be great?
My friend runs 4 of the OEM rear 2.0 wheels as a square setup on his 3.0. Works great and the 18s are lighter than the 19s.

The main concern with the front wheels is offset. Too high and it'll rub the struts, so you're not only worried about rubbing the fenders.

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
You can get around 500whp using a JB4 if you're willing to go a little further. Downpipe, charge pipe, E40 blend and Meth injection to keep the fuel trims in check, on the stock turbo can get you there with a custom JB4 tune by Jesse.
Sponsored