Uk front number plate

ThePriory

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Pro
HI, new member ? resurrecting an old thread.

I have a new 2022 Supra on order and requested the dealer to, under no circumstances, fit the front no. plate.

I plan on, and hopefully can, get a number plate tow mount.

Couple of issue -
I do not have personal no. plate so will be the standard UK 7 digit plate. Which is looong!

After extensive googling, it seems all mounts are designed for deeper, not long, US style plates!

Mounts i do find seem flat, not angled, so the plate will stick out (a rather long way on a 7 digit plate) rather than following the contours of he body (and hopefully tucking into the vent space like SU19 PRA shown above!

Questions.
The comment above about a legal "size zero" fourdot plate. What is this? Can a standard road legal UK plate have all its surrounding white space removed (to make the plate smaller) and still be legal?

Can anybody suggest a UK tow plate mount, that angles, that can fit a UK plate, and that wont obstruct any censors? A link would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsored

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV

ThePriory

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Pro
When I got my car I did not let them drill the bumper. I kept the number plate in the window until I got a tow hook mount sorted. Bought a generic one from Amazon made for BMW F series cars which fitted the tow hook hole perfectly. Needed to trim the backing plate and the number plate slightly but now fits perfectly in the space and doesn't block the air intake. Doesn't look the best but it is a good solution avoiding drilling the bumper.

ZoafwkO.jpg

dqX20Q6.jpg
What tool did you use trim your plate? And, noting how close your mount holes are to the plate edge, nice job, is a specific drill bit required to get such clean holes without cracking? Ta.

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
What tool did you use trim your plate? And, noting how close your mount holes are to the plate edge, nice job, is a specific drill bit required to get such clean holes without cracking? Ta.
Very easy to cut, just use masking tape on both sides of plate and use a fine tooth hacksaw or if you have a jigsaw and have a steady hand use that, finally gently sand the sharp edges with sand paper.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris

My plate is just a plastic plate with a reflective backing so just used a stanley knife to cut the top right corner of the reflective backing to avoid tearing then a dremel to trim it. Ordinary drill bit was fine to make the holes, they're pretty small from what I remember, just enough for a small screw!

The hardest part was getting it all aligned and marked off, no straight edges to line it up with!

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Hi all, I'm a new member just placed an order for my Supra.

I've currently got a Ford Mustang which they did put the ugly bracket on, however I installed a sto n sho plate with euro width rather than US size. I'm intending to swap over the sto n sho straight onto the supra, it attaches under the bumper so the drill holes will be invisible when removed, it also gives me a quick release if I want to completely remove the plate for a car show or washing etc...

Just an idea to those who are still looking, I'd advise buying this mustang version as it's more universal than vehicle specific but it has 4 holes on the plate for mounting or you can use a combination of 3M and screws.

The dealership have been great they have no issue with not installing the bracket and have said they've done it before.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-201...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

IMG_20210926_141115.jpg
Sponsored