UK - Which Number Plate Mount is this?

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Anyone know if this is an off the shelf product or DIY?

1fc93ca226894b9786021c957bd204a4.jpg

246132298_10158949506044262_6144690208904754211_n.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Looks really good, thanks.

Did you have to customise it at all? US plates are a lot taller than ours. Can you see it at all once the plate is mounted?

DanTheManc

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking to buy
No you can't see the mount once the plate is on. I have a smaller size plate too. You can choose to have the larger USA version or the other version (which I have) on their website.

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Great, thanks for confirming. I see there's a "rest of the world" option. How long did it take to come?

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi TTS FinalEdition & SupraPro Special Edition
Hi, that looks like just the plate holder i have been after for My supra MT arriving later this year. How does it fix on and does it mask any sensors or cooling? Would you mind giving me your number plate size in cm as I am going to preorder one soon - I assume 6 letters is prob the max width too ? Many thanks

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
I just used the sto n sho off my mustang, it does need drilling into the front lip but it's under the car and well hidden.

I wonder if that mount would fit a full 7 digit plate? 😅

Plate on...
20221029_084423.jpg

Plate off...
20230115_090633.jpg

DanTheManc

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking to buy
Hi, that looks like just the plate holder i have been after for My supra MT arriving later this year. How does it fix on and does it mask any sensors or cooling? Would you mind giving me your number plate size in cm as I am going to preorder one soon - I assume 6 letters is prob the max width too ? Many thanks
My car is in the garage having some work done. Once it's back in a week or so I'll measure the plate.

I've mounted the front plate in a few different positions. I've had a sticker plate on the splitter, toe hook mount and this central grille mount. If you check out my Instagram @dansap_supra you will see it mounted in all different positions. I recently bought this smaller plate 305x75 bilut it's classed as a show plate. When I get my car back I'll see how it looks.

SmartSelect_20230116_212808_Instagram.jpg

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
If your plate has a 1 in it, a full UK reg will fit at minimum legal plate sizing using the carbonio mount

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks to you both for that, I was thinking of buying a cheap private plate of 6 letters including a "1" and apparently the smallest legal plate size I can get for the reg is 367mm X 105mm, so I should be good ? Could nt see how its mounted in the centre - I assume it does nt block sensors etc?

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi Phil, I may be interested, really just looking at best way to mount my plate without drilling hole sin the bumper. If you dont mind me asking how have you got your plate mounted now and why did you change from the Carbonio one?, any pictures would be great

DanTheManc

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking to buy
Thanks to you both for that, I was thinking of buying a cheap private plate of 6 letters including a "1" and apparently the smallest legal plate size I can get for the reg is 367mm X 105mm, so I should be good ? Could nt see how its mounted in the centre - I assume it does nt block sensors etc?
It doesn't block any sensors. You could argue that it blocks airflow to the charge cooler, but myself and others haven't had any issues.

Private plates with less digits will look better. I'd love to run no front plate, but I've already been fined when I used a non conforming sticker plate. So best to play it safe.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
I got done recently for "show plates" ironic thing was it was a mobile speed camera and still read it perfectly... but they stated if I infringed it again I'd lose my reg 😭

I don't get why it's such a big deal I was still displaying a plate with the correct digits for my reg and ultimately they were still able to read it and get my details off it...

Hey ho live and move on lol 😆
Sponsored