UK Model year differences

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Any1 knows if steering upgrades are purely software? Maybe it can be flashed to 2019? Like diff flashing on m4 f82 to early models.
Sponsored

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
New MY
Pros:
Warranty, low mileage, new wheels, steering/suspension tweaks, new paint.

Cons:
OPF, more expensive, no facelift/modernization.

Old MY
Pros:
Louder stock exhaust, cheaper, ECU unlocked, not visually distinguishable from '23 except for wheels.

Cons:
No warranty, higher mileage, chips/wear and tear.
All of the year models in the UK have OPF.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
That's what I understood too. Mine is a 2020, but 2019 build and has OPF.
That sucks.

Can anyone explain then why are the older UK Supras louder and have pops and bangs?

Very hard to find a specific video of a 2019-2020 Supra UK on Youtube, I found this Carwow video though of one that's likely a 2020 build, and this one sounds very loud with pops, burbles etc.

So how come my 2023 has absolutely zero, and I mean zero of that? What has changed?

If you skip to 2:25 they do the exhaust sound check for the 3.0

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
That sucks.

Can anyone explain then why are the older UK Supras louder and have pops and bangs?

Very hard to find a specific video of a 2019-2020 Supra UK on Youtube, I found this Carwow video though of one that's likely a 2020 build, and this one sounds very loud with pops, burbles etc.

So how come my 2023 has absolutely zero, and I mean zero of that? What has changed?

Software changes I suspect. It's the same with some BMW's like the M135i, 2019 have more burbles than a 2020 car.

Good example here:

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
That sucks.

Its all about the recording. You can watch a different soundclip from carwow when it sounds more muted.
The standard exhaust on the EU models is very quiet but sometimes you could get some slightly louder pops. If they record it close enough it'll sound louder.

Although, in the US videos i've noticed that the pops is much more toned down on the 2021 and upwards versions. Dont know if thats the case here in UK/EU as well.

My 2020 (2019 build) pops like crazy stock (more than any other car i've driven), its just that all the filters/mufflers mutes it. When you remove the OPF and change out the exhaust you hear them ALOT more.

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Facts like this are exactly the reason I asked the original question - there just doesn't seem to be much widespread, concrete info on the subject. 99% of YouTube vids are USA cars too.
Yeah that's very true. But just ask away and I'll see if I can help. 😁
Sponsored