Uk updates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2c
So since the announcement of the manual it seems there will be further updates regarding interior trim and suspension tweaks.

Do we think there’s a possibility we will get the b58 6 port engine (same as the 440i etc) or will the UK market still be stuck with the 2 port?

I don’t own a supra (currently floating around in company cars) but I’m thinking about placing an order soon. When are we expecting the updated cars to come on the market? I’m thinking if order now and considering the waiting times am I likely to get one of the updated cars?
Sponsored

Hakiro09

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 500
The leaks prior to the manual official release suggested that the changes will be applied to the production line sometime in July 2022. Delivery to the dealers was noted for September/October 2022. The leak have been accurate so far, down to the manual official reveal date.

Official line from Toyota Europe is that, emissions reg are to blame for the lack of power/ 6 port update. However the new EU/UK spec M240i have more power inline with the US Supra. The takeaway I guess is that the 2023 UK model year will not receive the any extra power.

Last edited:

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Emissions regs may still be relevant despite the 240i because officially the emissions from the Supra come from Toyota manufactured vehicles, and EU regs focus on emissions across the manufacturer. Maybe Toyota are selling less overall than BMW or on average their emissions are worse? Seems unlikely but the i3 could have a big impact

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Emissions regs may still be relevant despite the 240i because officially the emissions from the Supra come from Toyota manufactured vehicles, and EU regs focus on emissions across the manufacturer. Maybe Toyota are selling less overall than BMW or on average their emissions are worse? Seems unlikely but the i3 could have a big impact
I would have said toyota was more economical than bmw with all their hybrids but there could be alot more of them compared to bmw so on balance maybe true
Sponsored

Reactions: JP_