OP

supra.sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camry XSE
Asking for some advice here.. Interested in financing this particular 2023 3.0 Premium with 2,300 miles and Driver Assist Pkg. Listed for $59k at a used car dealership. The guy told me it was bought thru a dealer-to-dealer auction service that they use, but it's making me skeptical as to why it was sold in that way in the first place. Originally was a lease vehicle.

Here is the listing: https://www.modernmotorcars.com/used-Nixa-2023-Toyota-GR+Supra-30-WZ1DB0G07PW054213

Should I pull the trigger on it?
Sponsored

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
When I was looking at 2017-2019 NSXs, I noticed that many were bought at auctions. Apparently, many dealerships, after failing to sell the cars for many months or longer, would send the cars to auctions. Often, the cars would be bought by non-Acura used car lots. If you look at the Car Fax report, you may very well see a note that vehicles sold by auction are not automatically those that were in accidents or were repossessed.
The info you will not get is whether or not the vehicle was broken in properly.

As to why the car was sold, it could be that both car loan payments and insurance were straining the owner's finances. Or perhaps the owner neglected the break-in and tracked the car.

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
not uncommon for cars to get sold to auctions. dealers also pay interest on the cars, so the longer they have it, the more it costs them.

nobody knows the real reason why the original owner sold and we can only speculate. based on the carfax, it looks like the supra was sold to a porsche dealer a week after purchasing. perhaps the owner changed their mind and wanted a porsche instead or porsche offered them the most money for the supra. keep in mind with car shortage, especially the supra, flipping is relatively low cost.

OP
OP

supra.sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camry XSE
I'm hoping that's the case of trading up to a Porsche and that there is nothing wrong with it. Really thinking about it right now..

OP
OP

supra.sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camry XSE
Can any mod delete this thread? I have a deposit down for an Absolute Zero MT scheduled build date around 4/01. Thanks again everybody :)

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Can any mod delete this thread? I have a deposit down for an Absolute Zero MT scheduled build date around 4/01. Thanks again everybody :)
Congtrats dude! Great grab
Sponsored