UK Model year differences

cowboyjon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8
So I've been reading up and watching vids on the A90 for a week and just when I thought I was getting somewhere, last night I discovered on this forum that the UK didn't get the 380bhp upgraded engine in 2021 like the USA did.

Can't believe this is the only place I've found that valuable information!

Can someone please spare me the embarrassment and outline what actual changes (suspension and other bits and bobs) the 3.0 has received each year on these shores?

No need to mention the manual version, I'm not in the market for one of those.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I'm not sure but specifics of the UK model but I know the exhaust in the Aussie model is gimped compared to the one offered in the US. Also, there's a thread here about the MT perhaps disappearing from the UK altogether which you may want to check out.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Post 2021 UK cars will have an OPF, this saps a little power and sound. (quite a lot of sound)

I think there have been some chassis developments since launch to try and counter bump-steer, but not sure on specifics.

I don't think it's quite like it was with my LC where there was literally a revision every 9-12months.

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
All the models in EU and UK have OPF (which totally mutes the car), even from the 2020 models. I've yet to get a proper answer from Toyota here in the nordic countries on what changes there is between the year models since we dont get the 6 port engine that the US get.
But since they dont know anything about the car, then im guessing they'll never respond.

My own guess is that the ONLY thing we in the EU and UK get with the 2021 and upwards is the strut braces in the engine bay and maybe some minor suspension tweaks.

So in summary there's really no point at all to buy a newer model here, unless you want the manual.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Mine's a '22 and no strut brace...

OP
OP

cowboyjon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8
As far as I can tell theres no reason at all to spend more on a newer car - you don't seem to get a single thing for your extra cash, other than a younger car and I couldn't care less about a couple of years.

Also the newer the car the longer I'd have to pay that insane £40k+ tax nonsense.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
I see no reason why suspension or steering changes shouldnt be aplied to EU cars, since its the same production line? They would use separate supply chains? I dont thinks so... 6 port is not aviable due to emissions.

Wonder only how those changes affect the drivability, the steering feel...

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I have a 2023 MT, UK spec, and can confirm sadly no strut bars.

I think the only thing that has been changed is the wheels, and some minor suspension upgrades.

The engine fitted is: B58B30C

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Actually, getting a 2020 is better for EU / UK customers since they can be tuned easily. 😁

Get a lower milage 2020, slap on a tune and exhaust and you're set.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
New MY
Pros:
Warranty, low mileage, new wheels, steering/suspension tweaks, new paint.

Cons:
OPF, more expensive, no facelift/modernization.

Old MY
Pros:
Louder stock exhaust, cheaper, ECU unlocked, not visually distinguishable from '23 except for wheels.

Cons:
No warranty, higher mileage, chips/wear and tear.
Sponsored