Unresponsive throttle after the start

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Every morning I slowly back out of my garage in reverse and sometimes I lose throttle response. As if there is a huge lag or something like that. If I step on it the rpm will go up but the car won't move couple secs. It almost feels like the engine is going to stall when I'm doing it. And today is the first time it actually stalled. I've started it again, drove half a mile, and at the first traffic light the throttle had that weird 2-3 seconds lag again. It was all fine afterward.

Any clues on that issue?
Sponsored

Cousindeagle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 NSX
Every morning I slowly back out of my garage in reverse and sometimes I lose throttle response. As if there is a huge lag or something like that. If I step on it the rpm will go up but the car won't move couple secs. It almost feels like the engine is going to stall when I'm doing it. And today is the first time it actually stalled. I've started it again, drove half a mile, and at the first traffic light the throttle had that weird 2-3 seconds lag again. It was all fine afterward.

Any clues on that issue?
I just started having the same thing happen. Did you receive and advice on this? Im taking to Toyota tomorrow.

darkknight302

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premiun
I think there's another thread about this issue. I see this happen sometimes after a cold start and even when it's warmed up. The car doesn't seem to want to move when I press on the gas for a a second or so. It happened in normal and sport mode. Mine hasn't stalled yet.

Found it.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/throttle-hesitation.8938/
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: tjk